37

Omniscient
The Next Morning

Honey rose at the sound of silence, forgetting that she was even in the kids room. She glanced around, all 3 boys were gone, and so was Charli.

She stood up and left the room, rubbing her eyes as she made her way downstairs to see Tray and Jadyn on the couch boo'd up. "Morning." They both mumbled.

"Good morning, where're the kids?"

"With Syd." Her stomach dropped as she made her way towards their room, entering it she didn't see any major changes. She went into the bathroom to see no major changes as well, everything looked as if it would look if they had a normal morning.

She took her things out to freshen up quickly, thinking of where Syd could have taken the kids. She was hoping that she didn't actually do something crazy and take off with them... or leave her.... though Syd was upset when she left, she didn't think Sydney would leave her.

She killed someone... multiple. She has issues and who knows what else. She could be insane..

She finished freshening up and sat down on the bed, her mind began to roam as she thought about Syd's issues and what she was told last night.

She searched for her phone, finding it underneath her pillow which is where it had probably been all night. She tried turning it on seeing it was dead, so she put it on the charger and stared out at the pattern of the cover while her thoughts continued to race.

Once Syd finally came back with the kids, she watched Carter and Matt run around the yard and play with each other while she sat in the lawn chair and held Charli. She was dressed in a little wet onesie and she even had a little sun hat on, one that Syd had bought for her when she was a month old.

She watched the boys throw water balloons at each other, she had filled them up for them to go at each other and just have fun. She wasn't sure if she'd get to take them to the waterpark, so she used her time wisely with her kids. Not knowing if this would be the last time she ever seen them.

"Get him Carter!" She told the boy, he was chasing Matt around with his water gun and Matt screamed for help while trying to avoid the boy. He ran into Syd and carefully climbed into her lap, not wanting to hurt Charli.

"Awww man!" Matt giggled as Carter ran up and started to shoot him while he was in Syd's lap. "Get daddy too!"

"Why me?!" Syd playfully yelled while shielding Charli's face. Carter wasted no time shooting Syd in the face, she opened her mouth to catch the water while chuckling.

"Ewww." Carter teased her after he stopped shooting, she chuckled and helped him safely climb into her lap along with Matt.

Honey stood in the doorway watching the interaction, her phone in her hand as she googled things like how to know if someone is actually insane.

Syd could feel a pair of eyes on her so she turned her head and her eyes met up with Honey's, Honey's stomach dropped for a moment as she told the kids something before she helped them down and started to play with them for a quick second before she made her way toward Honey.

"I'm sorry... I just wanted to spend some time with them .. get my mind off things." She explained while following Honey into the room. Honey said nothing, just took Charli from Syd and removed her hat.

Syd sighed and watched the woman search for something in the room with Charli in her arms. She went past Syd and went to call the boys inside, watching as they rushed in with water dripping from them.

"Mommy!"

"Give me a second, ok?" Honey asked, Carter nodded and watched as she closed the door. Honey stood back up straight and took a deep breath, she put Charli's pacifier in her mouth and laid her in her crib before she stared Syd in her eyes.

"I didnt know how you felt about anything... but I know it's probably not a good feeling... I know you think im crazy now.." Syd stated while giving a dry chuckle at the end, she then sniffled softly.

"Think what you think, and feel how you want. I would do the same for you—."

"—Sydney, I asked you..." Honey started while staring into space, she couldn't look at Syd. "I knew I couldn't tell you that—."

"—you can tell me anything, Sydney. Anything! I trusted you with my whole heart.. and I believed everything you ever told me about you, no questions asked." Honey reminded her, Syd dropped her head.

"But this... baby... this isn't something you hold in like that—."

"—I had no choice, look at how you acted—."

"—im sorry! Ok. It shocked me, Sydney. And im not gonna lie like I don't view you differently now but this does not change my love for you, and I know that you're not a monster.." Honey cut her off and explained, she stayed quiet and listened.

"I don't know what you... I don't know. But you're not ok, Sydney." Honey told her, she nodded with a sigh while leaning against the wall. "I know.." She spoke up after a minute.

"I fucked shit up all over again." She stated while shaking her head. "I don't know how to make this right... and I'm scared that if I try then I'll make shit worse. Feel how you want about me, but just know everything I ever did since we met was for you. And I'm sorry I ruined your life like this... if I could take everything back, I would. I would never even choose to be born if I could. I just..." Syd failed to find the proper wording, Honey's heart aching in her chest.

"I can't do any of this."

"I love my kids, but I don't wanna hurt them.. or you." Syd admitted while her hands began to shake again. "You have to get better, in every way."

"Just don't take them from me." Syd's voice dropped, Honey sighed. "I love you,... I always will.." Honey told her, tears rolled from her eyes again as she stared at Honey's figure.

"We're gonna figure something out, baby. We'll get through this, I promise.." Honey swore to her, pulling her into a hug.

"You have to get better though."

"I promise I will."

-
short one.
say your goodbyes to Honey & Syd for good.