8

Omniscient
The next day

To 'Kennedy👶': Yo, I'm outside.

Sydney sat in her car with a thumping heart while watching the house door with anticipation. It was a regular 2 story brick house, 2 cars in the driveway, a Ford truck and a Nissan Maxima.

Syd's eyes snapped back up at the sight of the door opening, and out came the short lightskin she hadn't seen in years. Behind her was an even shorter little boy, stumbling his way out of the house behind her with a backpack on his back.

Syd could feel her heartbeat slow down as they approached her car, she got out and sucked in a deep breath before her eyes met up with Kennedy's. "Hey.."

"Wassup." Syd spoke, Ken moved aside and brought Matthew forward, he glanced up at Syd. "Babu, this is your daddy."

Syd stared down at the boy, his dark curly hair sticking out from his beanie, he had on a khaki colored Nike jumpsuit and some AF1's on his little feet. Syd smiled at the sight before bending down, she held out her hand and he stared at it for a while before grabbing ahold of it.

"Can I hold you?" She asked him, he glanced up at his mom who nodded. He held his arms up for Syd and she grabbed him, seeing that he was rather light for a 4 year old.

"My daddy?" He asked, Syd nodded before glancing down at his mom who had tears streaming down her face, she wiped them quickly. "Sorry." She apologized before handing Syd his bag which was light as well.

"I'll go get his car seat." She stated before walking back up to the house. "Hey, Matt.." Syd tried making conversation with him, but he just stared at her.

"You ok?"

"Hungry?"

"Thirsty?"

"Well, don't worry. We'll eat when we leave here. You like McDonald's?" She asked him, he nodded his head and she smiled. "We'll get McDonald's when we leave, ok?" She asked him, he nodded again.

She sat his bag in the backseat before waiting for Kennedy who came out shortly with his car seat. Syd sat him down before she placed his car seat in the back.

"Babu, mommy'll see you later?" Kennedy spoke, he shook his head. "Yes, mommy's gonna see you later. Ok? You go with daddy." She told him, he glanced up at Syd who gave a friendly grin.

He sighed and shook his head which made Syd chuckle, Kennedy kissed his head and gave him a little hug before placing him inside the car seat, she buckled him in and kissed his head again.

"He has everything he needs in his bag, there aren't many pull-ups- my apologies, I didn't have enough—."

"—it's cool. I'll get him some, anything else? You know what, just text me a list of what he needs and I'll get on that, cool?" Syd asked Kennedy who was speechless for a second.

"Yeah, thanks."

"No problem. I'll see you later." She stated before getting into the car, she started it and her song continued on the aux. "bye bye, baby." She waved at Matt as Syd pulled away.