5

2 days later
Omniscient

"All gone." Syd told Carter while showing him the empty breakfast platter, he licked the sweetness of the syrup from his lips before smiling. She handed him his orange juice before watching as he suckled it down and handed her the juice bottle.

She put the top back onto it and went to throw away his trash, today was the day they could hopefully leave. Syd had no choice but to act as though she was cool with them doing multiple tests on her son, having him crying all through the night, even jumping out his sleep.

Last night he didn't even go to sleep, fearing that the doctor would come and take him away from his parents. Honey and Syd were still hardly on talking terms but things had gotten a bit better.

Syd spent majority of the time with Carter, comforting him while Honey did her work on her computer. Syd was fed up with the stop of her cash flow, and if it was to be said that they weren't going home today. It would be a different situation.

"So... Baby boy is perfectly fine on the kidney half, although he does have some different issues—,"

"—that's cool. You could get this IV out his arm, and get his discharge papers and stuff ready and we could be out y'all way." Sydney cut her off, the woman stood speechless for a second which made Honey shake her head.

"Excuse me for a moment ma'am, what the hell are you doing—."

"—Carter is intersex. That's what she gone tell you but she gone make it sound complicated and shit, he don't need no more MRI's, surgeries—."

"—she didn't say surgery—."

"—but she's going to. Trust me, I know what I'm doing." Syd stared at Honey with the most serious face ever, Honey sighed.

"So whatre we gonna do about him being intersex?"

"Nothing, he'll live. He's ok."

"And what about his bladder, since you seem to know everything."

"I don't—."

"—exactly, so let the woman finish." Honey was about to turn back to her but Syd grabbed her arm. "I promise you don't wanna do this, you don't wanna put Carter through this. We'll figure out something else for the bladder problems but nothing else is to be discussed or suggested. It's time to go."

Honey sighed before looking at the doctor who seemed to already be looking at them. "Can you finish your statement, ma'am?" Syd sighed while shaking her head, she went and grabbed the bag with Carter's close and went over to him while Honey and the doctor talked.

"Your "son." has female reproductive organs as well as male, now in order for him to have a better chance rate of being fertile in the future, it's best if we—."

"—no." Syd stated from the other side of the room, Honey sighed. "Is there any other way we could do this without surgery?"

"Medicine, but we have to—."

"—No." Syd turned around, a frown present. "Can you take out the IV and bring the discharge papers. We not doing no surgery, we don't want no medicine."