40

Honey
April 12th

"If you'll follow me right this way we can wrap up the tour of the department and I'll send you on your way.."

My eyes shifted from the different colored canvas that were hung across the wall to the woman who was giving me a tour of Studio R. I did as told, following the woman toward the back of the firm, she pushed open a door that read "Employees Only."

I stepped in behind her, and the chatter that once filled the room had now died down as everyone's attention fell to us. "Oh please don't mind us, I'm just wrapping up this tour, ladies and gents."

There were only a few people in the room, which i assumed was the break room since she started explaining the rules and whatnot. I looked over the few people who were there, seeming the room wasn't as light as the others.

And it also wasn't mainly men here, it seemed to be just the women in here. "This is what we call, the WOman cave.." One woman spoke up, she appeared a little lighter than me.

"Yeah, this kinda where us ladies step away from the fella's for a little privacy and whatnot." Another explained, i nodded while looking around the place.

The walls were covered in a light grey color, a white carpet sat under an oatmeal beige colored sectional and a similar colored office chair was on the other side of it.

In the middle was a simple glass coffee table, it held mugs, magazines, and a remote. The TV across was mounted into the wall, broadcasting The Office, and in both corners were plants which seemed to be healthy and well, unlike the ones up front.

"While they're here, I'll introduce you to the gals. This is Staci.." She pointed to a middle aged white woman, i took a glance and gave a friendly smile since she was showing all 32.

"Jasmine... Angel, Raine, and Monique." She introduced me to each, i just smiled back and introduced myself as well.

But before I could properly do so, my phone started to ring in my back pocket. I took it out, seeing that it was Syd so I just declined with a message, but before i could put it away again, she called back.

"Sorry, it's my.... Fiancé." My chest started to tingle and warm up at my words, and butterflies erupted in my stomach at the thought.

"Oh you're fine.." The woman replied, I sighed lightly and stepped aside to answer the call while the woman sparked up a conversation with the others.

"Hello?" I answered quietly, hearing silence on the other end. "Hello? How much longer you gone be?"

"I'm just wrapping up—."

"—hurry up, and some lady came by claiming to be yo mama, with a dude too, but he look too young to be yo' dad." Syd ranted off a little, my eyes widened slightly.

"I didn't think she was coming today.." i mumbled with a sigh. "Ok give me a second I'll be there." I replied, she hummed and i hung up the phone.

Clearing my throat, i resumed the conversation with my new staff, listening to what else the woman had to tell me.