10

Sept 5th

"Once again, here you go..." I heard from behind me, glancing back I saw Sydney giving me a once over while leaning against the door. "What?" I asked, looking at my outfit.

"You must be dressing up for that nigga at work?"

"Girl, I'm dressing up for myself. Don't start with me." I rolled my eyes, she hummed before sliding in behind. She kissed my head while watching as I applied my lipgloss to my lips.

"Thought you was coming with me and the guys." She spoke, running her hands through my hair. "Where yall goin?"

"I probably take them to sky zone or to ride goat carts or something. Something kids like."

"Well I don't like it, I'm not a kid." I remind her, she smacked her lips. "And? I thought you liked seeing me in daddy mode."

"I do but I also have a job."

"Shit me too."

"Just because you're not going to work doesn't mean I'm not going?"

"I bet you don't go no where on my birthday, ima paralyze ya' ass." She told me, I hummed while puckering my lips up at my reflection, making sure I looked presentable. I wasn't listening to her either.

"You humming now, don't say I ain't warn you." She stated, I nodded. "What're you doing for your birthday anyways?"

"The boys rented out a club." She told me, I hummed while rolling my eyes at the mention. "Well you make sure the boys bring your drunk ass home after y'all leave the club." I stated, she smacked her lips.

"Why you say it like that?"

"Like what?"

"ThE cLuB." She mocked me, I shrugged. "Don't worry, I'm coming straight home to get my rocks off." She told me, I shook my head. "When are you not horny?"

"I'm never not horny, always ready for one." She stated, her arms wrapped around my waist as she pulled me into her front. "Yeah.. I'll see you later." I turned and walked away, she smacked her lips. "Aight, ima let you have this."

"Girl what are you talking about—."

"—papa! I need to pee." Carter ran into the room, Matt behind him. "Go pee, Matt show ya' brother how to pee. And you, go put some food on ya' stomach before you leave." She told me, I sighed and followed orders, making my way into the kitchen.

I saw that she already had a plate prepared which was perfect. "Can you wrap it for me, I don't wanna be late meeting this client." I told her, she raised an eyebrow. "How I know you gone eat it—."

"—I am Sydney, now come on!" I groaned, she hummed and got the foil down before wrapping up my plate. After she was done, she went in the fridge and handed me a fruit juice and I smiled. "Thank you, baby. I love you, I'll see you later."

I kissed her jaw before grabbing my plate, jumping as she left a stinging pain on my ass from the slap she'd just gave it. "Hurry up and come home."

"Mhm." I stated and made my way to the front door.

-

It seemed as if it was only 30 minutes, but Sydney was walking into my office with a bouquet of flowers and a takeout bag from McAlister's. I furrowed my eyebrows as she came in with the boys behind, they were all smiling goofily, looking alike.