Chapter 1

Hi! Now that this story is finished, (well, its been finished for a while now) I want to apologize in advance that the chapters are so short and the storyline doesn't flow properly at times, but this is my first book. I wasn't very good, but thanks for reading! My writing does happen to get a little better as time goes on throughout the story.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Emily and her family begin to board the luxurious cruise ship. When they find their room, it was twice as big Emily's room back home. They all gawked at how big it was. There was an awesome view from a giant window, two large beds, a master bathroom, and a giant flat screen in front of the beds.

Her parents obviously called the king sized bed, while Emily got the queen sized bed. "Hey mom, can I go explore the ship?"

"Sure, but be back by 5, ok?" She nodded and walked off.

She easily found her way to the pool. When she was ready, she did a cannonball instead of just wading in. There surprisingly were not that many people in the pool. She was expecting it to be nearly full, but it was pretty vacant. After a while of swimming, she decided to go tan.

The tanning deck, on the other hand was pretty much packed full. She found an open seat near the middle and slathered on some sunscreen. She lay there on her stomach and fell asleep for a while.

When she woke up, she saw the sun near going down, and looked at her watch. Oh no mom is gonna kill me! Emily thought. It was almost 6! She was almost an hour late! She ran as fast as she could back to the room.

She searched her pockets until she found her card to unlock the door. When she burst in, her parents did not look happy. "Why are you so late, young lady?" Her father angrily asked. She told them that she was swimming for an hour and a half, then tanned and fell asleep. Emily quickly got dressed and followed her parents, who were not happy, down to the dining area.

While Emily's parents ordered a fancy dinner, she just stuck with a plain old cheeseburger. When they finally finished, they headed up to their room.