Chapter 13

As Zach splashed into the water and flashed a smile over his shoulder at Emily. "Make me!" He shot back. He dove under the tropical water, which only made Emily run faster. She squinted her eyes to give off an 'I'm gonna get you' look.

He came up, shaking his hair. "Is someone gonna get me, 'cause that would be a little hard if I were you." He said with a sly smirk.

"Wait, wha-" She couldn't finish her statement because Zachary picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. She kicked and screamed, but smiled while she was doing so.

When Zach was waist-deep in water, he flipped her over his shoulder. Emily came up sputtering and rubbing her back, which she had landed on. "You are so mean!" Emily screeched playfully. They kept chasing each other, until one fell down and the other tackled them, then did it again.

---

"Wow, I am so out of breath. And, look at you, you're , just standing there, like it was, nothing." She said, breathing heavily and bending over her knee.

"Wow, and someone will get they're well needed exercise on this island." Emily rolled her eyes in disgust.

Her eyes suddenly lit up. "Hey," she said breathlessly, "you wanna eat?" Zach nodded in return.

--

They walked along the beach for hours making small conversation after their meal.

"- is actually not that bad. I mean, this has taught me so much. I've never gone camping, so this is kinda like that, but without anything, a tent, parents, food, electricity..." Emily's face fell at that last part. "Omg! I totally forgot about my phone! I wonder what Maya must be thinking!"

Zachary tried to calm her down as the sun was setting. "Em, settle down. Your friend, whoever it was, um, Maya? Will know you're okay once we are rescued. Just remain calm."

"Remain calm?! Zach, reality check. We have been stranded for almost a week now, with no sign of help, they all probably think we're dead. Okay? Is that good enough reason for you? Huh? We have been fooling around when we should have been signaling for help. Alright?" Emily sounded like she was about to cry. Instead of trying to talk to her again, Zach held the pacing Emily's arm and pulled her close.

"Everything's going to be alright, babe." Zach silently told her. She seemed to settle down as he said that.

Zach pulled her close as she stood on her tip-toes, and kissed. The sun was setting in beautiful oranges and pinks.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Woo hoo!! They finally kissed! Didn't you like how they had a fight and Zach resolved it by kissing? Okay, well, if you didn't, I surely did enjoy writing it, except I'm really bad at writing kissing scenes. Anyway, sorry for the short chapter. I would have kept going but I felt this was just a great place to stop. Okay I will update soon. Bye!
~Maddy