Chapter 11

Emily ran into the water first.

"Hey, you got a head start. That's not fair. I declare I rematch." Zach wined.

"Hey, are you just mad that you got beaten by a girl?" Emily said with a mischievous smirk.

"Hm, you wish." Zach said while splashing Emily with water.

"Oh, you're on!" Emily shouted with another splash at Zach.

He sputtered from the salty water in his face. "Ohhh, you're in trouble now, missy!" Zachary told her with a bright smile on his face and a few splashes. For the first time, it was when both of the teens had a smile on their faces and a spark in their eyes when they were together.

"Hey, what's that?" Emily asked curiously.

"I'm guessing it's nothing and that your trying to splash me without me knowing" Zach said with a slight frown.

"No, seriously, is that a boat, I can't tell. Zach, can you see it?"

"Uh... yeah I can see it... but I think it's just a rock, why?"

Looking down in defeat, she said, "Oh, I thought it was a boat, sorry. But, now that I know what it is..." with that, she splashed a big splash that soaked the parts of his body that wasn't already wet. He looked over at her, clearly surprised. Soon that turned in a playful anger.

The two fought like that for a little while longer. "Okay cutie, now you've earned yourself a little throw." Zach said with a smile. He picked her up, gently at first, then harder after, because the girl was squirming.

"Hey, no put me down! No! Sto-o-op! Ok hunky, if you throw me, I will... um... throw... you?" Emily said with a smile and a little laugh. "Ahhhh!" Zach threw her into the water and made a giant splash, which soaked Zach even more. Emily came up, sputtering, and to Zach, looking cuter than ever, wet, long, blond dripping from her shoulders, and smiling, looking straight at Zach. She turned her head slightly.

"Hey, look! The sun is setting. In pictures, they always look so pretty. Come on!" Emily dragged him out to the beach. They sat together, Zach happy that she may actually be starting to like him back. She smiled again and looked at him.

"Do you like it?" Zach asked.

"No. I don't like it." Zach looked at her with a confused expression. "I love it. It's perfect." After saying that, Emily slowly rested her head on his shoulder, then looked into his eyes and smiled. Zach smiled back and put his arm around her. Emily thought this was the perfect ending to the not-so-perfect day. The sun slowly went down, dragging every last drop of sunlight with it. As it went down, the bright, full moon came up. After a little while of sitting in silence, Zach smiled and looked down on his sleeping girl. She must have been very tired. Zach thought.

He carried her to their makeshift fort. To Zach, Emily looked so cute sleeping, almost like sleeping beauty, except without the dress and being a princess, but she was a princess to him. He lay there, staring at the beautiful girl in front of him, wondering how he had fallen for her in the mere hours he had seen her.

He lay there looking at her for a few more hours, then got very tired, and tried to force himself to stay awake, but sleep won over his body, and drifted soundly off to sleep.

The crackle of a fire woke up Zach. He looked beside him, and to his surprise, Emily wasn't with him! "Emily! EMILY! EMI-" He was cut off when he found her tending to the fire, cooking some fish. "Hey, want some breakfast?" She was smiling proudly while she said it.

"Uh... Yeah, sure. Thanks." He looked and sounded a little distracted while saying it, staring at the food, looking really good, as they had forgotten about dinner last night.

AUTHORS NOTE
Hello readers! Thank you for reading my story so far. If you liked this chapter please give it a vote. And again, thank you for reading. I will post the next chapter soon. Yahoo! I got a long chapter in! Also, it is kind of hard for me to write long chapters, as my longest ones are only about 600 words.
~Maddy