Chapter 3

Emily groggily woke up to the sun shining in her eyes. "Wake up sleepy head. Your father and I are going down for breakfast. Come down when you're ready." Her mother informed. She let her eyes adjust to being awake.

All she did was close the curtains and look at the time and go back to sleep. The bright light of her phone shone in her face. She turned the light down and looked at the time.

9:15

She tried to go to sleep, but couldn't after trying and trying again.

Finally she got up and ready for breakfast. She headed down to the lunch area and saw her parents walking back up to their room. They didn't say anything as she walked past them. When she got her breakfast, she chose a stack of pancakes. She listened to the clatter of the room around her as she ate.

The warm syrup on her pancakes was delicious and probably the most amazing breakfast she had ever had. Meanwhile, her parents were out lounging, waiting for her to start the day. Emily took her time, savoring every bite. While she was eating, Emily looked around at the room.

She never actually noticed how fancy and big the room actually was. There were gold accents everywhere on the ceiling. There were many tables of friends and families talking and laughing while she was lonely at her little booth. Emily looked out the window to see the beautiful, bright blue water. And to make the view even better, dolphins were jumping out of the water. Even over the clatter of the room, she could very faintly hear the squeaks and whistles of the beautiful creatures.

Looking at the dolphins reminded her of her dog back home. She had an Australian Shepard. It was black, brown, gray, and white. Her friends thought it was the cutest dog ever. When she met up with her parents, they headed over to the water park.

Emily's first stop there was the water slides. She preferred the big, long, closed slides. Those were the best. After maybe 10-15 times on the slides, she met up with her parents at the racing slides, where you have mats and race against others to the bottom. After a few hours at the water park, they headed back up to their room. On their way up, they heard a loud crack of thunder and pounding rain. Well, I'm sure glad that we came up here when we did. Emily thought. She sighed sadly beacause she wouldn't be able to go out on the deck later.