Chapter 9

"Ow! These stupid sticks are poking my feet! Oh my god! I wish I was home." Emily complained. She hissed in her breath with each stick and stone in her foot.

"Oh my god, Emily! Stop complaining for about five minutes please?!"

Emily rolled her eyes. "Well, I'm sorry that my feet hurt."

"Will you please just stop talking altogether until we get to the beach? Or until you have something useful to say?" Emily nodded her agreement, but still wincing with each hurtful step. The two walked in silence the rest of the way to the beach.

It was almost dark by the time the two got to the beach.

"Hey, do you have any wood for a fire?" Emily asked, because he was the one collecting wood.

"Uh, ya a little extra." With that, they started building a fire.

Soon they went to sleep, but didn't have dinner. Zach woke up before Emily, so he decided to go catch breakfast. He had found a long stick, and had also found a medium sized rock to make the edge of the stick sharper, like a spear. After a while, the stick was ready.

Zach headed out into the clear, warm, tropical water. He looked around, and the best place to find fish, was in the rocks, so that's where he was headed.

He went on the top of one of the rocks so he could stab the 'spear' into the holes. After stabbing into the rocks for a while, he had no luck finding food. Zach decided to give it a break, and let the fish come out of hiding. Soon, he saw a large fish enter, then another. He smiled brightly because things were finally going his way. He stabbed at the water, getting a fish.

Zach brought the fish to where Emily was still asleep, and found another large stick to put the fish on. He left the fish on a rock to go catch lunch. He successfully caught another fish and put it in the shade. Zach took his first fish and roasted it.

By the time Emily woke up, the fish was ready for eating. "Ooh, yum, breakfast." She said happily and hungrily. They both laughed, then started eating.

AUTHORS NOTE
Hello readers! So sorry for the late update. I have been kinda lazy and busy for updating this story, and also, sorry for the short chapter. Thank you for reading my story so far. If you liked this chapter please give it a vote. And again, thank you for reading. I will post the next chapter soon.
~Maddy