Chapter 5

Emily went to sleep very quickly. When she went to sleep, the rain was still pounding down in hard sheets.

The next morning the rain was still pounding, and the there was little lightning flashes with some thunder.

Her phone rang as someone texted her. The brightness shone in her eyes, she turned the light down and her friend Maya texted her.

(Bold-Emily Italics-Maya)
Hey Em, how's it going there? It must be sooo awesome.😍 Wish I was there😔

Well, it was good Monday and yesterday morning, but later in the day and today are really rainy😢

Oh, sorry. Well, how was it on Mon. And yesterday b4 the rain?

It was awesome. I got to go tanning after the pool, I saw some dolphins during breakfast, and went to the water park. U'd be surprised at how much is on the ship. Gtg bye

wow
bye

She put her phone down and just laid in bed for a while. She heard the shower running, so she figured her mom was in the shower.

After maybe an hour of laying in bed, she got up to get ready for the day. Since it was raining, she decided to got to the spa, and then go to the nail salon. When she was heading to the nail salon after a relaxing day at the spa, she heard an alarm and a really big splash and crack.

She panicked and ran up to the room. She heard very faintly on the intercom over the sounds of screaming and alarms, "Everyone return to their cabins as soon as possible. When you are there please put on your life vests on and come to the deck near a life boat." She quickly put on her life vest, and in her panic, she clipped her finger, but didn't worry too much about it.

She rushed to the deck and didn't even realize her parents were not there. She ran to the deck the deck and the nearest life boat. There was another loud crack.

She held onto the nearest person, and it was a boy, about her age. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!" Emily screamed in is face, partly of fear and of him not hearing her. He looked into her eyes. He hesitated for a minute. "I DON'T KNOW. I THINK WE'RE SINKING." Both had a feared look in their eyes. All of a sudden, water started lapping a their ankles. "Oh no..." Emily muttered under her breath.