Chapter 14

They were kissing for almost five minutes straight. It was dark, the moon all the way up when Zachary broke off slowly. "Em, I think we have to go to sleep." He said softly.

--

Emily woke up groggily. Zach was still fast asleep next to her. "Hey dude," Emily said in a whisper, slightly shaking him, "wake up. I want you to know I am going back to that little fresh water hole, okay, do you wanna come?" Zach groaned and rolled over. Emily got up and left.

--

"Cannon ball!" Emily screamed as she did a cannonball into the bright blue water. The spash was giant. The water was cool and nice compared to the long hours on salty ocean water. Emily came up shaking her wet hair like a dog.

"Nice one girl." Zach said subtly, like he'd been there the whole time and she had known, but in reality, she did not know he was there. Emily spun around to see him calmly standing against a smooth, curved rock, smirking his smug little face off.

"When did you get here?! I didn't hear you coming."

"That was the plan, sweet cheeks." Em had an offended look on her face, which soon melted into anger. She squinted her eyes to give off the vibe, while her voice was dangerously calm.

"Call me 'sweet cheeks', or any of those stupid names again, instead of eating fish and fruit for dinner, I'll be eating you," she said, pointing at him,"got it?!"

"Yeah, yeah, got it, jeez..." Zach said as he put his hands up in fake surrender.

"Good." Emily got out of the water and said, "now come with me, weirdo." She said while pulling him into the pool. All Zach could do was grasp a short breath before plunging into the water. The water was cool against his skin, and a nice change from the salty ocean.

Zach came up sputtering. "Emily, why would you do that?!"

"Cause I wanted to. And it was super fun." She said grinning widely.

"Mmm... yeah, not on my end." Zach stated with an annoyed grin plastered on his face.

The two stood in an awkward silence for about 10 minutes, before Zach finally said something. "Tag, you're it!"

"What?"

"I said, tag, you're it. Didn't you hear me? Is there nothing inside that girlie brain of yours?" Emily started towards Zach so he got out of the water towards the rocks.

"Come get me!" He said. With that she started running towards him. Zach bolted. She chased.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey guys! It feels like I haven't updated in a such a long time. Anyway, hope you like it, sorry for the late update, and vomment (vote and comment). Bye! I'll try to update soon.
~Maddy