Chapter 18

After three rings, his mother picked up. "Hello? Hello?" She asked as Zach took a deep breath and proceeded to answer.

"Um, is this Stacy Omio by any chance?"

"Yes, and can I ask who this is?" Zach smiled.

"This is Zach. I've missed you so much mom."

"Zach?! Zach!?! Is it really you? Where are you." He looked around.

"I'm at Mary's Restaurant on the beach near the docks." He answered.

"I am right near there! Ill be right over. Who's phone is this by the way?" His mother asked.

"I'll talk to you when you get here. Bye" And with that, he hung up. "She's near here. She'll be over soon." Zach smiled.

--

Zach embraced his mother tightly. "Mom, it is so good to see you again!" He said, pulling away. She smiled a big, toothy smile at her son.

"And who are these lovely people?" Mrs. Omio inquired.

"This is Emily, her mom, and her dad. After the wreck, me and Emily washed up on the same island. We survived together until some fishermen came along and brought us here where we found you guys." He turned and looked at Emily. Stacy was still smiling, happy she had found her son.

"Where's-uh-where's Dad and Adam? " Her smile dropped at that. "Adam is down at the beach. But Zach, honey, your father died during the wreck. He had fallen out of the lifeboat and drowned. The waters were very choppy, as you can imagine. I'm so sorry." Zach took a second to realize that he no longer had a dad. He broke down, crying into his mom's shirt.

He was crying for a good half-hour. Zach pulled up his head and accepted that his father was gone. At least I still have Adam and my mom... He thought. "So, are we going home soon?" Zach questioned.

"In a day or two." He asked the same for Em's family. They had the same answer. Zach smiled at that.

"Can we, um, go get settled in our hotels? I'm really tired. And sore."

Emily looked at her parents. She didn't need to use the guilt look, well, they've been gone from society for a while. Both families walked off towards the hotel.

It was the same hotel, and it was totally awesome. Although, the two were sad that they weren't next door, the same hotel was good enough. Zach's family was a level below Emily's.

--

"So, I'm happy to be back with other people again!" Emily exclaimed, and both of them started laughing. It was the night of their first day back, and they were walking to dinner.

"Yeah, me too!" Said Zach. They walked quietly until the two got to the dining hall. Zach and Emily stayed quiet until they got a table, there was a comfortable silence, not awkward.

"What state do you live in, Zach?" His answer was Minnisota. Her face dropped a little at that, because she lived in Texas.

"Why, where do you live?" She quietly answered Texas. "What? Em, I can't hear you."

"Texas, alright! I live in Texas! I didn't want to tell you because of how far away we live!" With that she marched angrily away.

"Emily I-"

"Don't. Just don't." She shot back. Zach sat down, confused and now sitting alone.

"What the hell have I done this time?" Zach said to himself.

(A/N. I can't remember why i wanted her to be angry at this. Lol)

-(next day)-

Zach went up to Emily's hotel door and knocked. "It's Zach. Emily, if your there, please come out and talk to me. I have no idea what I did to make you angry yesterday. Please. I'll never do it again. I promise." He heard a sigh from the other side of the door and the latch unlocking the door. On the other side of the unlocked door was an Emily who was wearing makeup, which Zach wasn't used to.

"Um, Zach, hi. I uh, wasn't expecting you to come by. We're uh, packing up to go home right now. I really wish that we could stay together longer. Really."

"EMILY!" Her parents called.

"Sorry I gotta go." She took a step outside the doorway. "Meet me in the lobby in an hour. I'll tell you why I got upset then. I'm almost done packing." She whispered. Zach nodded and left, slightly confused.

Emily was trying as quietly as she could to sneek out of the room without being noticed to go to a waiting Zach.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. It was kinda hard to sneek past my parents." Emily said.

"Um, it's fine. So, what did you want to talk about again?" Zach questioned.

"Oh, right. So, the reason I got mad is well, because since we live so far away I got upset because, well, I like you, Zach." Zach stood shocked for a minute. "D-do you like me back?" She inquired.

"Ya, uh, it's just a little sudden. That's all." Zach leaned in for a kiss, and Emily leaned in too. The kiss was perfect.

"W-we should probably get going. Our parents will be looking for us soon." They gave one last hug and went up to their rooms.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey guys. So so sorry that this is the last chapter, but I will be starting a new book soon that will probably be a lot better than this sucky book. See you soon in my new book! Byeeeee!!
~Maddy

P.S. Would you guys like me to make a sequel? It would be much better than this by a long shot.