Forty-five

2022

Julia's POV

"It's been nealry a month Jules you need to go out"
Sofia

I just zoned out as I sat on the couch and snuggled up to the blankets and pillows with puffy red eyes. I cried a lot after me and Pablo broke up.

"What am I going to do with you?"
Sofia

"No lo se"
Julia

We sat there hugging as she tried to cheer me up , even though all of this was my fault. I made us break up because I was friends with Fabio and to be honest I would react the same as Pablo.

Knock*

Sofia got up with a smile and I just sat there wa bring her walk all the way up to the door. A part of me hoped it was Pablo so that we could talk this out properly but it wasn't.

"Hola belleza"
Shakira

"Mami!"
Julia

I ran into her hug as she soothed my hair and hugged me tight. I'm assuming she knows what happened because Sofia had an happy upside down smile on her face.

I was so happy to be able to see mi mami after a while , I mouthed the words "Gracias" to Sofia and she sent me a kiss and said she will be going home.

It was just me and my mother in my apartment , wait why was it jut her?

"Where are-"
Julia

"They're at tu padres , I figured they needed to see him at some point"
Shakira

"I'm so happy you're here mami"
Julia

"Thank Sofia , you know you are so grateful to have a friend like her in your life belleza"
Shakira

We talked for ages about how her life has been in Miami and everything else except the thing. She was making my favorite dinner and I watched her make it in my kitchen.

"So want to tell me anything else?"
Shakira

"I know you know mami"
Julia

"Then tell me"
Shakira

I couldn't even think of the fact that me and Pablo are over. My eyes started to water again and she hugged me tight not letting go.

"Tell me when you're ready then belleza"
Shakira

"Okay"
Julia

She finished making the dinner and we both ate it just enjoying each others company. I was so happy to have her next me right now.

-

"So it's Christmas soon , what are going to do?"
Shakira

"I was thinking of spending the time with Sofia , Ale and youse obviously but I don't know anymore"
Julia

"You have a week to decide which is plenty of time"
Shakira

We were watching pretty woman , I love that movie. She went to the bathroom as I continued to watch the movie for the hundredth time.