Chapter 5: Meeting Day

Tirpitz leads everyone into a meeting room, where everyone else takes a seat. Belfast sits next to Bismarck and Enterprise. Tirpitz and Graf take the other side of Bismarck. Ghost sat as the head, and you and the other shipgirls fell in.

Tirpitz took the lead in the meeting.

"I've taken the liberty of putting together a list of the operations that Wolfpack can undertake for the Navy and the British Admiralty. The British Navy has asked for naval support within the next 5 years to begin protecting the coastal waters of the Falklands. Our current contract with the US Navy will last for the next 3 years, but if we need to extend that, it can be done."

"And the Carriers? Has the Pentagon authorized our planes to land on the new Gerald R. Ford class carriers?" Ghost asked.

"Yes sir, the Pentagon has authorized your planes to land on the carriers, however, they have asked that the responsibility of the planes fall under Wolfpack and not under the Navy." Enterprise responded.

Ghost nods.

"Alright then. Next. Any plans for the carriers?"

Tirpitz continued, "Yes. The US Navy and the Pentagon would like you to accompany us on a mission to investigate and recon a location in the Mediterranean, near Murmansk. Reports are coming out that Russian Separatists have sized Admiral Kuznetzov, and are attempting to use it in the ongoing conflict in Ukraine. The Soviet Union has asked to assist in its repatriation to Soviet hands."

"As I heard. My brother is demanding a response within the next two months. He's the sitting Premier of the USSR, and is worried that a carrier like Kuznetzov may prove to harm Soviet Forces defending Ukrainian sovereignty." Ghost added.

Belfast thought for a moment, "Do you think they will accept our help?"

"They have no other choice but to accept. They are far from their normal range, and the Red Fleet would be useless to aid them. Besides, my brother remarked on how unreliable the Red Fleet is, and understands foreign help is a political death sentence, but a needed evil to prevent lives being lost in this costly conflict."

"If that's what the higher ups say, then so be it. We can assist." Bismarck said.

Enterprise agreed, "Agreed. The Pentagon has also said that we will be keeping the option of an operation to retake the Kuznetzov if necessary."

Tirpitz nodded.

"I have been informed of the recent advances the Russians have made in their advances. They are calling in some old favors and getting assistance from the former Warsaw Pact to aid them. Which includes current NATO allies. That's all I have."

Ghost smiled, "Great job, Tirpitz. Thank you."

She blushed and smiled.

"Your welcome. I'm glad you approve."

Ghost looks at Bismarck.

"And what about the Ensign? Does he have anything for us?"

You were startled.

"What? Oh, uh, yes, I do."

You take a deep breath, and speak.

"I would like to inform you all of some updates. Wolfpack's current fleet is in need of much more training. Our newer rear echelon gunners have been displaying horrific accuracy and performance. I would recommend we increase our training and budget for the needs of our gunnery instructors."

"Hm. Good point. In the words of NATO officer, superior gunnery decides battles, precision and accuracy are paramount to victory. I believe the Ensign has a very fair point indeed." Ghost complimented.