Chapter 26: The Day's Work

The next morning, you and Bismarck were woken up by the sound of the door opening. You opened your eyes, and there stood Tirpitz. It was 6:30, and she was cooking breakfast.

"Morning, Tirpitz."

"Morning, Y/N."

"Tirpitz, why are you up so early?"

"I have my reasons. I don't need to explain myself, Y/N."

You noticed Tirpitz was a bit cold this morning. Maybe she got up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Okay. Sorry if I overstepped."

"It's fine."

"So, what's for breakfast, Tirpitz?"

"Well, I decided on something a little bit more traditional. Something us Iron Bloods enjoyed. So I decided on some Bauernomelettes. Farmer's Omelettes, if you don't mind. It's a German dish, and, well, it's the breakfast of champions. I think it will do you some good."

"Yeah, alright. Sounds good." You said.

You looked back to Bismarck, who was still soundly asleep.

"You know, Biscko. It's time for us to get up. You should get up and eat some breakfast."

She didn't budge.

"Come on, Biscko, wake up."

She groggily opened her eyes. She seemed rather tired still.

"Morning, Tirpitz."

"Good morning, Biscko."

"Heh... sister, you usually are a morning person. I'm guess today wasn't that day, hm?"

"Yeah, I just had a rough night..."

Bismarck got up, and rubbed her eyes. She seemed to have been tired, and her hair was messy.

"Did you have a nightmare, Biscko?" Tirpitz asked.

"I did... it's no big deal, sister."

"No big deal? Bismarck, I'm your little sister, of course it's a big deal! What happened?"

She was persistent.

"Sister, it's fine. Really. I'm okay. It's just a nightmare."

"I'm not buying it. What happened?"

Bismarck was reluctant to ask. You see how uncomfortable she was, wanting to just keep her mouth shut.

"You have to tell us, Biscko. It's okay. We won't be angry."

"Alright. I had a nightmare. I don't exactly remember well... but I was on the Bismarck... we were taking fire from the King George V, and the Norfolk. Then, the bridge was hit, and the Bismarck sunk. The next thing I know, I'm back in my room, and the dream is gone."

Tirpitz was concerned. She didn't like this.

"How... how did you know it was you?"

"How did I know what? The dream, or the Bismarck?"

"Yes, the Bismarck."

"I... overheard a conversation between an admiral and the captain. They mentioned my name... they talked about me like I wasn't there, and I heard my name. That's when I knew."

"I see."

"Tirpitz, Y/N, I'm okay. I don't want to talk about this."

Tirpitz sighed, "Okay. I'm sorry for pressuring you. Let's just have breakfast."

"Alright. Let's have breakfast."

You got up, and the three of you had a pleasant breakfast.

Later that day...