BONUS Chapter 2: Iron-Black Elysium

You were on shift at the office. You were a bit drowsy after dealing with Eugen, Blücher, and Hipper. Tirpitz was handling most of the work of the fleet, but Bismarck was nowhere. You walked down to the officer's mess, to find Bismarck in a... maid's outfit?

"Welcome, what would you like to order? ...If you want, we can drop this charade. I'm not used to being a waiter anyway, so I prefer it this way. Hehe."

"Biscko... what the hell is going on?"

"Oh, Y/N. What are you doing here?

"I could ask you the same question."

"Well, I'm here because... I wanted to... to see if I could work in an outfit like this. Belfast wanted me to work the cafe here, so... she got me this?"

"So you're a maid? What are you supposed to be, some kind of waitress?"

"Well, I'm not a maid... so yes?"

"Wow, Biscko, I didn't know you had a thing for outfits like this."

"It's not a 'thing' as you say, Y/N. I'm trying to expand my horizons. I thought I'd give this a try, and it looks like I'm good at it. I can even take orders and stuff, but not as good as you can, heh."

"I see. Well, if that's all, I'll be going. You're off duty, right?"

"Yes, I'm off duty. What about you?"

"On duty. I was just coming down to get a cup of coffee."

"Oh, well, do you want me to make it for you? I can make coffee."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, come on. I'll make you some. Just have a seat, Y/N. Besides, this one's on me, because I love you, okay?"

"Okay, thanks."

You sat down in a seat, and Bismarck walked over to the coffee machine.

"How would you like your coffee, Commander?"

"How about a mocha? With lots of milk and a bit of chocolate."

"Okay, one mocha with lots of milk and chocolate coming right up."

You sat there, waiting for the coffee, and Bismarck was serving another customer.

"Would you like anything else? Something to eat? No? Okay, thank you."

She walked back over to you, and she was wearing the uniform, and she was still smiling.

"Here's your mocha."

"Thanks, Biscko. So, where did you get this uniform anyway?"

"I asked Tirpitz for one. It was really difficult, and it was hard to get a fit. But I think I can work it out, heh."

"I see. Well, good luck."

"Thanks, Y/N."

She handed you a cup of coffee and a muffin.

"Here, on the house. I'm the one who gave the order, so..."

"Thanks, Biscko."

"No problem, Y/N."

You sipped your mocha. It tasted pretty good.

"Mmm, that's good. Thanks, Biscko."

"You're welcome."

Bismarck took the coffee mug, and was washing it.

"Hey, Biscko. Is there something else you want to do? I think you can wear that uniform anywhere. I bet you could do a lot with it."

"Well, yeah, I could wear it out, and I would get a lot of attention..."

"Actually, on second thought... probably not a great idea..."

"Why not? Are you ashamed to be seen with me like this? Heh, I don't blame you... But still, I've always been proud to be seen with you, even if people do look. Heh, even if you aren't embarrassed, I don't want people to get the wrong idea..."

"No, no, it's not that... it's just... I don't want people to think of you like... uh... never mind..."

"Hmm... Okay, Y/N, I don't know what you're talking about, but fine. If that's the way you feel, then I won't wear the uniform often. But Belfast is out today, so she wanted me to run the officer's mess cafe. So I'm stuck doing it."

"Heh, so you can't leave?"

"Not without anyone else being here."

"Oh, too bad."

"Yeah, and the coffee's good, too. You make a damn fine mocha."

"Heh, thank you."

Bismarck leaned on the counter, and she was resting her head on her hands.

"Do you want to know why I was doing this?"

"Yeah, what is it? You can tell me."

"I like the uniform. It makes me feel special. When I wear it, it makes me feel... different. Like I can do anything."

"I see. So that's why you were working so hard, huh?"

"Yeah. It's different, but I don't mind it. I think I'm actually enjoying it."

"So, does that mean you'll be a maid when we're alone together?"

She immediately blushed.

"Y/N! Don't tease me like that!"

You just chuckled.

"Hehe. Come on, it's not that bad. It's not like you'll be a real maid. I mean, I doubt you'll be cleaning, or anything like that."

"Okay, maybe not, but still..."

"Just wear it whenever you want, Biscko. I don't mind, really. Just be yourself, Biscko, not just the Iron Blood Fleet Admiral. You know?"

"Well, okay then. I'll think about it."

"Alright, that's all I ask. Now, I should get going."

"Alright, have a good day."