13

Amelia's POV

I slipped the beautiful black dress on as I stared at myself in the mirror. Even after eight years Klaus still knows what would look amazing on me. The dress flowed all the way down to the ground and my right leg had a slit in it. The sleeves were off the shoulder and the top of the dress was a corset that perfectly snatched my waist and boosted my boobs up.

I grabbed my mother's white pearl necklace and wrapped it around my throat, it aligned on my neck perfectly with the other necklace I had on. My hair was pulled into a half up half down style to make sure the necklace showed. I slipped on my gloves and gave myself a small bow.

I haven't had such a perfect dress in so long I almost didn't want to stop staring at myself. I smiled as I turned away from the mirror and slipped on my classic black heels.

I opened my door and headed downstairs, my black dress barely touching the ground as I made it down.

"Ah finally you're re-" Klaus started before he turned around to look at me, his smile falling as his lips parted. His eyes burned with words I couldn't make out.

"Klaus?" I questioned softly as I snapped my fingers in front of his face, my gloves muffling the sound.

He gulped slightly as his eyes met mine, his small reappearing. "You look gorgeous." He finally breathed out.

A chuckle escaped my throat. My smile breaking through ever so slightly. "You don't look too bad yourself." I complimented.

His tux was perfectly tailored to him, it was all black to match my outfit. His hair was styled neatly and his facial hair was slightly fixed up.

"M'lady." He smirked as he held out his arm for me to link mine with.

I laughed as I linked mine with his. The moment bringing me back to every ball we have gone to together. My smile slightly falling at the thought of those memories.

-

We walked hand in hand into the ball together. The music loud as entertainers swung on aerials and vampires actually cleaned up as they all drank champagne.

"Well, this certainly is a fitting backdrop for tonight's events, I must say." Klaus smiled as he caught the two dancers with snakes in their hands.

Before I could reply my eye caught sight of Cami, her face delicate as she wore the angel wings on her back. My smile dropped as I felt my intuition tell me not to like her.

"What is she doing here?" I questioned my voice having a note of disappointment.

"What better way to distract Marcel than to put his very human girl in a room full of vampires." Rebekah smiled smartly before darting over to Cami.

My eyes darted to Klaus, who's face didn't look to happy until he noticed Marcel finally realize who had just walked into the party.

"I don't like her." I mumbled to Klaus.

"Now now Lia darling, you don't even know the girl. Come on." Klaus pestered as he kept hold of my hand and dragged me over to Cami and Rebekah.

"Is this your infamous on again and off again?" Cami questioned as she watched Klaus and I approach Rebekah.

I let go of Klaus's hand as a server walked by with glasses of champagne.

"He's the brother actually, and my sister is right you do look stunning." Klaus mused to Cami as I handed him a glass of champagne.

"You clean up pretty well yourself." Cami flirted back with a nod of her head.

My grip on my champagne tightened as I threw the whole glass back down my throat. I glared at cami before thinking as I spoke.