16

Amelia's POV

"You're going to see a doctor tonight?" I questioned Hayley as I sat on the end of her bed.

She sighed as she ran a hand through her brunette hair nervously. "Rebekah wants me to go and the witch promised I would be safe."

I eyed her cautiously as my intuition got the best of me. "I don't like this idea." I lectured with a shake of my head. "I will come with."

She raised an eyebrow as my proposal, her eyes having a glint of hope as she stared back at me. "I appreciate it Amelia but I will be okay, plus you have that event to attend to tonight."

I scoffed as I threw my head back in annoyance that u have to spend time with Klaus tonight. "Yeah don't remind me. I don't think I can handle another second of Klaus."

Hayley laughed at my bitter tone her dimpled smile reminding me of Gwen. "Tell me again how you handled him for over five hundred years." She joked.

"Well it was the sex of course." Klaus interrupted as he leaned against the door frame with a playful smirk playing on his lips.

I pressed my lips together in a firm line as I stood up from Hayley's bed. "It was the only reason I stayed." I shot back.

Klaus's smirk didn't fall in fact it grew bigger at my words as he watched me try to stab him with my words. "It's time to go Lia."

I sighed quietly before turning back to Hayley with a small smile. "Text or call me if you need anything please."

Hayley nodded her head with a small smile before dropping the smile as she caught Klaus's eye again.

-

Amelia's POV

The quarter was filled with loud music, food vendors, people walking all over as they danced around the quarter or sat in fun conversations as they ate turkey legs and hot dogs. Klaus led us through the crowd as he kept his head held high not caring for the day walkers that were trying to secretly watch us.

I kept my mouth shut as I didn't want to make small talk with Klaus, only wanting to talk to him when it had to do with the plan or if something was going wrong.

My phone pinged with a message, I quickly took it out as I saw the message from Hayley.

Hayley: So far, so good.

Me: I Still wish I came with.

I stuffed my phone back into my pocket as we reached the young teenagers car, the boy whose name is Tim was unlocking his car, his violin in one hand and his keys in the other.

"Hello Tim." Klaus presumed as we approached the young man.

Tim jumped a bit from Klaus's voice, obviously not aware of his surroundings.

"I believe you and I share an acquaintance." Klaus smiled as we closed in the distance with Tim.

Klaus placed a hand on Tim's shoulder, Tim instantly stiffened from fear although his eyes never left Klaus but you could tell he was too scared to speak.

"Be a good lad and help me send her a message." Klaus compelled him.

I shook my head at the thought of using a poor sixteen year old boy as leverage for a war that has absolutely nothing to do with him. But as always Klaus knew that love always worked and deep down I knew he learned that from our love.

If someone wanted something from Klaus they always tried to use me as leverage and back then Klaus would've done anything if it meant I went unharmed.

Klaus finished his explanation of the plan to Tim who just stood there quietly nodding his head. Klaus turned to me and nodded his head towards the bar we were standing next to.