20

Klaus's POV

She slept peacefully on my chest, her chest moving up and down slowly. The deep red covers covering her naked body. I had forgotten how pretty she was when she slept, she looked like a goddess.

She moved slightly as she started to wake up, her eyes blinking as they adjusted to the sun light coming in from the windows.

"Good morning darling." I smirked my voice having a playful tone.

She sat up quickly as she covered herself even more with the covers. She groaned as she threw her head into her hands. "I thought us fucking was a dream." She mumbled.

I laughed, staying in the bed even though I knew she was about to kick me out. "Already regretting it? That hurts."

Her head snapped over to me, her dark eyes glaring at me. "That can never happen again." She said mostly to herself.

"Was I not good?" I joked as I acted offended.

"Klaus..." she groaned. "...you were great as usual but-"

"But what Amelia?" I asked quietly as I prepared myself to hear her words.

"But..." she breathed out. "It's easy to confuse feelings for something they aren't, specially when anger is involved."

I scoffed as I stood up from the bed and grabbed my shirt. "Don't worry darling, it was a one time thing."

We both knew what it was when the sex started last night, it was just angry sex plus the tension we had built up. Neither of us wanted to involve feelings but it was incredibly hard not to when you were married for centuries.

"Don't be mad." She said softly, her face flushed in embarrassment.

I sighed as I threw my shirt on. "I'm not mad Lia, we both knew what that was."

"Yeah." She said quietly as she looked down, at her hands.

I rounded the bed and picked her chin up, forcing her to look at me. Her eyes swimming with regret and thoughts. I didn't say anything as I placed a small kiss on her forehead before leaving the room.

I closed the door behind me as I let her be alone with her thoughts, both of us needing space from each other before we did more stuff that we could possibly regret.

I didn't forget what sex with Amelia felt like, I was reminded every time I had sex with another girl. No girl had ever felt as good as her, no girl tasted as good as her and no girl knew my sweet spots like she did. What I did forget though was how much I loved sharing my blood with her.

Amelia has been the only woman I have ever shared blood with in that way. I've healed tons of people and I've forced tons of people to drink my blood but Amelia is the only person I have ever intimately shared blood with, I've had girls ask and to which I denied because I only wanted it to be for Amelia.

I had things to do today so I shook off her touch and held my head high as I quickly showered and got changed before heading to Sophie Devereaux.

I quickly arrived to Sophie's bar and without hesitation I grabbed her and ran back to the house where Rebekah was waiting for me in the living room. I threw Sophie into a chair her body landing with a thud but she didn't argue as she knew I was pissed off.

"We had a deal! You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcels army." I yelled at her. "And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

Sophie's face instantly turned to understanding as she sat up in the chair. "I had nothing to do with it. I swear. Hayley and I are linked. Remember?" She said sincerely.