28

Amelia's POV

1568

"Don't focus on them, focus on me." Klaus's breath fanned against the back of my neck as he kept his hands on my shoulders.

"I want to kill them." I said quietly through gritted teeth as I watched the men gather up a town of witches.

"I know darling." He whispered. "But do it calmly. Remember what your mother taught you."

I shook my head, an angry tear falling against my cheek as I heard the women scream and the men yell. "I can't! I'm angry!" I yelled causing my magic to lose control for a moment causing a ring of fire to form around Klaus and I.

"Close your eyes." He muttered, and so I did. "Now pretend this is all happening in your head..." he explained as he tapped my temple with his finger. "Are you doing as I say Lia?"

I nodded my head as I pretended I was dreaming. His voice soothing me as I relaxed into his body.

"Good." He said. "Now think of how you would control this scenario in your mind." He said as he massaged my shoulders.

I took a deep breath, the scenario living in my head instead of real life. The screams and the yells subsiding as I killed each witch hunter by stopping their heart. No blood, no fire and no fight. Just them falling straight to the ground, all of the witches confused but grateful as their captures dropped them.

"Now open your eyes and look." Klaus said and I could feel his smile against my ear.

I opened my eyes calmly. My shock taking over as I looked at the now calm village ahead of us, all the witch hunters dead and all the witches safe.

"I did it." I mumbled quietly. "You controlled it."

Klaus was quiet for a moment as he stepped around me, his body now facing mine as he cupped my face in his hands. "No Lia darling, you did it. All I did was remind you how to do it." He smiled, his lips pecking my nose ever so gently.

-
Present time

I didn't speak as I stepped over Agnes's dead body and followed Elijah out of the church, leaving Klaus with the mess. I knew what Agnes was doing was a mind game but I also couldn't help but think if she was right. She's a witch, we have a strong intuition and can figure something out with a snap of our fingers. But I knew Klaus and he wouldn't do that.

I walked the quiet quarter, not caring to run home. I knew Hayley was safe and I was actually enjoying the peace and quiet that the quarter rarely gets.

"Amelia!" Marcels voice yelled proving I spoke too soon about the peace and quiet.

I sighed heavily as I turned around to see Marcel walking towards me, an evil smile on his face and his eyes speaking of something unknown. "Marcel." I said.

"Where's Klaus?" He asked as he looked around the quiet quarter a bigger smile taking over his face when he realized I was alone.

"Beats me." I smiled. I knew where he was but I'm not dumb enough to give him an answer.

"Weird..." he said with a small laugh. "I stopped by your place earlier looking for him, he wasn't there either and neither were you." He said as he played confused.

I nodded my head, my feet taking me closer to him as I kept eye contact. "The palace royale didn't suit us, we left weeks ago." I smiled as I cocked my head to the side.

"No." Marcel laughed, dragging out the word. "I mean your other place."

My smile dropped as I looked up at him. He knew where we were hiding, and if he stopped by then that means Hayley was there and if he found Hayley...