Amelia's POV

Klaus opened the church doors just a smidge, our ears picking up on the conversation inside the church.

"Marcel overstepped, I will handle it." A man I knew was Kieran spoke.

"Easier said than done." Klaus laughed as we walked into the church together.

A cop quickly stood up, not giving a second thought as he walked over to us, his eyes instantly filled with defiance as he was ready to escort us out. The cops hand landed on my shoulder causing a sarcastic laugh escape my lips.

I grabbed his hand, easily breaking his fingers and wrist. "No, we don't want to do that." I smiled as the man fell down to coddle his broken hand.

The remaining of the council stood up, all prepared to defend themselves against the two of us. "Who the hell are you?" One man spoke in disgust.

"My name is Klaus..." Klaus boasted. "...and the one who just put your cop down is Amelia." He smiled as he motioned towards me. "And you lot are the faction."

The both of us walked past the group, all of them making a smart move as they moved out of the way. They watched us with careful eyes, not once looking in another direction. Expect for Kieran who didn't seem scared but rather tired of us vampires.

"Pillars of the community, the city's supernatural balance. Well I should know!" Klaus smiled as we looked at the group with evil smiles. "Amelia and I created this group. Only in our day it was a bunch of pirates and corrupt politicians."

"Seems like nothings changed." I bit out as I noticed the man in a marines outfit sitting down.

"One thing has." Kieran started, his voice filled with confidence which concluded my theory. He wasn't scared of us. "It's exclusively human now, no vampires allowed. Especially no originals."

Klaus and I looked over at each other before the both of us broke into mocking laughter.

"You thought we came to join?" I asked with a sarcastic pout. "How cute."

"We haven't come to join." Klaus said with a big smile.  "We've come to ask this group to utilize its considerable resources. To find a witch elder named Agnes." He finished, his face dropping into a glare.

"All we need is an address." I said with a shrug of my shoulders. It was easy, really. If they just cooperate of course.

"And why would we want to help you two?" Kieran asked, his eyes filled with genuine confusion.

For some odd reason, I was drawn to Kieran. He seemed like someone I would be friends with, he wasn't scared but rather he was intrigued and it seemed like he was willing to listen rather than shutting us down.

"What if I told you that Agnes was the answer to a question you've been asking since you ran screaming from this town?" Klaus asked.

"What if we told you that she is the witch who hexed your little nephew, Sean?" I asked as I stepped closer to Kieran, his height making it seem like he has dominance, but he knew better.

Kieran's face grew of sadness, the reminder bringing him pain. But he quickly turned on an act as he looked over at the council. "We'd need some time to discuss-"

"I don't have time!" Klaus boomed.

Kierans eyes filled with fear for just a split second, until he started to laugh at the order Klaus had just given him.

"We don't like being asked to wait." I said as I tried to portray what Klaus was saying but in a more subtle way.

"You two may have all the vampires in this town cowering in fear, but right now you are dealing with the humans, and unless you plan on killing us all I politely suggest you do what I say." Kieran lectured to Klaus and I like we were toddlers.