24

Amelia's POV

"Everything that brought us here to New Orleans was a lie." Elijah started as all us sat in the office. "The story that Sophie fabricated, this struggle for control of the French quarter, this war between vampires and witches wasn't over territory at all. It was over Davina."

I sat on the arm rest of the chair that Klaus was sitting in as I stared up at Elijah, my mind churning at the lie the witches convinced. I couldn't protect them no longer and quite frankly I didn't want to anymore.

"Eight months ago, Sophie and her sister Jane-Anne lost everything. Now four months after that, a young pregnant girl wanders into their restaurant suddenly all hope is renewed." Elijah continued. "Jane-Ann sacrificed her life so that her sister could use you to find Davina. If Sophie is successful in catching Davina she can return Jane-Ann's daughter back to life."

"We thought we'd come here to wage a war for power. This is about family, in order to return her niece to life Sophie will fight to the death. That makes her more dangerous than anyone." Elijah finished as he looked at the four of us.

"Amelia, I presume you're no longer protecting the witches?" Elijah asked as he rubbed his hands together.

I shook my head. "Not after they tried to kill Hayley." I said with distaste.

Elijah nodded his head as he paced behind the desk, his mind and thoughts turning before he stopped to look at me again. "Would you be willing to teach young Davina?"

A witch can't be a witch unless she is willing to learn.

My mother's words rang through my head. Every witch should know control, we are the biggest teachers and learner. I nodded. "Yes but Marcel mustn't know."

-

Amelia's POV

I woke up to the sound of classical music filling the house, I stirred in bed in confusion. It's the twenty first century and classical music is being played and then I remembered that Elijah is home now, of course they're playing classical music. What I didn't expect was for him to be playing Klaus and I's wedding song

1495

"Can you believe we are actually married?" I smiled as we danced to the beautiful song curated just for us.

Klaus spun me around, his hands staying in their respectful areas as he looked at me with happiness. "For an eternity, darling." He smiled.

Our eyes stayed locked,  in this moment it felt like the room had fallen away. It was just the two of us in this crowded room, the dance floor belonged to us. The world belonged to us. He pulled me in for a kiss and suddenly the space between us explodes, my heart missing beats as he dipped me down, his lips still locked onto mine. I was lost in the kiss and in the music, a delicate candle being lit inside me.

"I was born the day I met you Amelia Wren Mikealson." He whispered into my lips.

Him and I are in tune, our hearts playing the same song. We were always meant to find one another.

*present time*

I threw my comforter off and jumped out of my bed. I threw my bedroom door open and ran downstairs with speed as I followed the music. I walked over to the vinyl that was playing the song, and quickly stopped the music that was playing.

"Play a different fucking song." I grumbled towards Elijah and Klaus who were lounging in the living room.

"Isn't she such a delight in the mornings brother?" Klaus perked up as he smiled towards Elijah who was sitting across from him as a dead body laid on our coffee table.