17

Amelia's POV

"She's see the good in people Lia, maybe you should take after her." Klaus joked.

"I saw the good in you for over three hundred years, I think I've had my fair share of seeing the good." I snickered back as I looked over at him with pursed lips.

He shrugged his shoulders as he stood up, his hands fixing his jacket before reaching one hand out to me. I sighed quietly before taking his hand to help me up. The contact sent a wave of fire through me, my skin felt hot to the touch, my thoughts stopping for a mere second before he quickly dropped my hand.

The look on his face said it all, he felt the same fire.

My eyes drifted to my hand as I tried to shake off the ghost of his touch. I gulped slightly before stuffing my hand in the pocket of my jacket and looked back up at Klaus who was staring back at me with an unrecognizable look in his eyes, I couldn't tell how it made him feel but for my sake I wasn't going to let it eat up my brain.

"Come on." I said as I tried to ignore the awkward tension that was now growing around us.

He blinked a few times before shaking his head, he wanted to be in denial too. Both of us wanted nothing to do with each other anymore but our hearts wanted to intertwine at every touch, and we weren't going to let that happen.

Klaus broke eye contact with me before turning around to the two people we were here for. He pushed past me as he made his way to the aisle in the church.

"You two are absolutely adorable. It warms my heart. It really does." Klaus boasted as he swiftly made his way towards them, me reluctantly following behind him. "But I do need a word with the young lady..."

Klaus placed a hand on Tim's shoulder and looked him straight in the eyes a sly smirk playing on his lips as he compelled him. "Go sit down and count to 100,00."

Tim gave a feared look before quickly rushing to a seat in the back of the church.

"I assume you know who we are." Klaus stated. Davina drew her lips in as she looked between the both us, her face giving away the answer. "Right. Then let's get right to it, shall we?"

Klaus gave an evil smile as he walked up the church stairs where a priest would usually stand, his eyes roaming the structure of the church before turning around to find Davina and I staring up at him.

"Your current dilemma strikes me as a case of poor alliances. You're loyal to Marcel and yet he keeps you tucked away in an attic." Klaus started. "Surely you'd prefer just a little bit more freedom and yet Marcel keeps you prisoner."

I tsked quietly as I made my way up the stairs and stood next to Klaus, my arms crossed over my chest as I didn't want to accidentally bump Klaus and feel his touch again. Davinas face was growing defiant as she listened to Klaus's words.

"Marcel doesn't keep me prisoner, he keeps me safe. He's my friend." Davina explained as she walked closer to the steps, her face nor body showing fear.

"Well I have no doubt he is." Klaus spoke with a shrug of his shoulders. "But for a girl caught in a war between the witches and the vampires, I might be a better friend." He went on as he kneeled to Davinas level. Manipulating her into thinking they are on the same level.

"Amelia here could keep you safe and allow you your freedom." Klaus said softly. Davinas eyes fell to my face in thought, her mind twisting with the possibility of me keeping her instead of Marcel.

Klaus stood up abruptly as he walked around Davina, her eyes quickly following him as she didn't want to lose sight of him. "If Marcel could do that, why hasn't he done so already?"