6. Conflicted

Reginald

Breath. In and out. That's it, breathe.

I'm staring down at myself since I couldn't believe it as I stood outside Nina's bedroom door.

My own body made a liar out of me. Well correction- I made a liar out of myself but still, I can't believe I didn't even notice my own penis making a camp in my pants. Could have been because my mind wouldn't stop staring at Nina, wrapped in a towel that gracefully sunken against her succulent curves, plump large breast and perky bottom. Oh and that soaked fiery hair, string down around Nina's face only made me want to snag my fingers within.

Fuck if I had drank from Nina when she said I could, dressed like that, l'd want far too much blood from her.

When I said to Nina that I wouldn't have been able to stop, I wasn't lying. I wanted to drink that woman dry just from the savory intake I got a whiff of. If some had landed on my tongue, I wouldn't have been able to live with myself for killing her and turning the woman into a vampire.

Which gave me the perfect opportunity to pull away from Nina since she had someone else's blood within her system.

Except I had to be a royal jackass. There was no other word for how I acted toward Nina when she asked me to court her. Truth be, it shocked the living shit out of me when Nina asked. It was the last thing I ever even expected the woman to ask. We just met and she asked me to be with her all because she needs a date and finds me interesting in more ways than one.

And that's why I had to be a jerk to Nina.

Nina is interested in me. But I'm not interested in her. Attracted beyond belief, yes. Not interested though because I can't fall for another human again. I don't want to be with another human because as much as I do understand the value for a human in living- letting go, that I just couldn't do since technically, I haven't let Zina go and it's been a hundred and nine years later.

If I got close to Nina in the way she wants to explore with me, it wouldn't be fair to her If it became more and I couldn't respect her wishes of wanting to stay human. I truly believe I wouldn't be able to go through another relationship with a human again. Cutting off all odds of that happening, seemed like the smarter aspect to follow because at least now I hurt her a little bit- if it came more, I know I'd hurt her more than I did already. And I didn't want that. I just wanted to hurt her enough to back Nina off her fantasies of being with a vampire like me as cruel as that sounds.

A soft sniffle caught my attention, pulling me out of my thoughts and toward the metal door I still stood outside of.

Is Nina crying?

I put my ear closer to the door, trying to listen more except that was the only sniffle that had created.

Guess I was wrong...

I'm sighing, just staring at Nina's door, waiting out there like a creep, like it was going to change anything I said.

Why was I still standing here?

A gurgling occurs inside Nina's room.

She's hungry.

A sigh left her as she whispered. "You have to be kidding me?" Left her as if she hated the idea of coming out here.

I'm feeling more of a jerk than I was before.

Maybe, I was harsh toward Nina by calling her a stupid easy human.

After that thought, I just wanted to make it right. What I said was cruel. But I didn't know how to make it up to Nina?

Another deep gurgling developed and I got an Idea.