28. Too Close

Reginald

What the hell do I do now?

That was the question roaming through my head when Nina knocked me on my ass and walked off.

I had to keep my promise now. The truth was out there now and all I could do was keep my word. because if not, this time death was my consequence if I fucked up. Which was not an option since I won't even let death stop me from reaching Nina.

A sudden hard thump smacked me across my head.

I whence, grabbing at my head seeing a small pebble on the ground. Turing my head, I'm seeing Yoko and Jezelle both stare at me like they were both ready to kill. I'm snapping up on my feet then, facing them since if they both attacked, I had to be ready.

Yoko was first to move as he came my way, pointing. “You're really the fucking one we've all been fussing about! She’s my daughter, Reginald! My fucking daughter!” Losing a bit of his temper on me.

I'm pitching my nose to stay calm. “I didn't know she was your daughter, Yoko!” Then I point at the situation we are in. “But that doesn't change the fact that we want to be with each other!”

“Are you serious right now?” Jezelle now had to butt in. “You are our rightful chairman, Reginald, it does change everything! Nina is not aware of that yet! And the second she does, Nina will realize her choice to ever stay human, will vanish.”

“It's going to anyway.” I said abrupt. “Nina is going to eventually become a vampire. It'll be her choice of when but it's still inevitable to become one! Now I told you nothing would ever make me come back; I was wrong. Your daughter made me see that what happened could have been avoided, long before we even had this conversation and I am sorry! I'm sorry for being a coward and turning my back on all of you.” I'm shaking my head. “Though I won't apologize for the connection I hold with Nina because she is mine even if that is not what you want to hear. She is my love, the sanctuary I have longed for in a life of insanity! So I don't care what obstacles that come my way, I will NEVER leave again! Not Nina and not any of you because this is where I belong! It is where I really should have been all along and I will spend forever making it up to all of you.” Promising to them that I was in for the long hall.

Which wasn't just at all a promise, it is the truth.

Yoko puffed, running his fingers through the strands on his head, before over his mustache. “You think that you're just going to come in here and take everything we have built! No Reginald! Jezelle and I have worked far too hard to–”

“Yoko, stop, would you?” I had to stop the man from doing his usual exaggeration. “I don't want to take over everything you've built! That's shit Pheona would have done. From what I've seen so far, you've accomplished more than I dreamed of and I'm proud of you. Of the both of you because you both protected the coven when I didn't. All I want is to start over and hope someday to be partners again. After all, I'm gonna need one to help me with everything in this new era.” I'm crossing my arms. “Like for instance what the hell is this thing called the internet?” Asking him. “All I heard is people discussing stuff about going to websites on it.” Shrugging, truly lost about what the internet was.

Yoko stared at me for a moment, before laughing. “Wow, you really are  out of date?”

“Yeah,” I'm slightly chuckling. “I am.” Saying before my eyes met Jezelle. “Jezelle, I can't begin to apologize for the other day when we ran to each other at the sink hole. I–”

“Wait.” Yoko stopped me, looking at Jezelle. “You knew Reg was alive for the past three days and you didn't tell me?”

“No.” She replied fast with. “I didn't tell you because I didn't wanna see you get crushed all over again when he never returned! The first time nearly tore you apart! The second I thought I was going to lose you! So no, Yoko, I wasn't going to risk actually losing you this time because he was too weak.”