23. Welcome Home

Reginald

When Nina and I were both inside the long vehicle, I immediately snapped my arm right around Nina’s shoulders to keep that woman close to me. Nina didn't mind since she embraced me like I was a warm blanket. Oscar on the other hand, sat back on the far other side, with a glass cup in his hand filled with blood.

Once I took in the scent, I had to clench my jaw tight since he was drinking human blood. The smell stung at the back of my throat because I was hungry. Yet I couldn't. I had already made the mistake of intaking that dead construction workers because it set me off to want more. If I got any more human blood, I didn't know what it would do to me since it had been so long. But I didn't want to find out because just by the fresh smell of Nina's blood, I rampaged. Any more human blood could set me off to rampage on more than just Nina and that's what I was trying to avoid.

“Care for a drink?” Smack deep from Oscar.

My mind comes back to sitting in the vehicle, staring at Oscar with the glass of blood in his hand.

“Oscar!” Nina snapped, sitting up.

Oscar's eyes instantly lock with her. “What, I'm being polite?”

Nina rolled her eyes. “No you're not. What you're trying to do is check the depth of his restraint to human blood. Being polite would have indicated his choices first of whether he preferred human or animal. But you didn't give him one, knowing he doesn't drink from humans.” Scoffing free as she leans back into my grip. “Now either drink that or get it the hell out of our sight!” She was short tempered with him.

A light smirk formed on his face. “Someone's testy this morning.” Then look at me. “Has someone forgotten humans eat because Miss. Cranky pants over here, starting to get hungry. Never let her leave the apartment or anywhere really without food because she eats like a horse nearly every hour.” Telling me as if she needs instructions to know how to be human.

Nina growled, getting ready to blow her lid.

Yet, I tighten my grip around Nina, making her look up at me. “Don't stress about it, Gem. We'll get our food as soon as we're done.” Then I laughed. “But eating every hour, damn, here I thought vampires could eat a lot.” Teasing her with.

Nina's mouth dropped, scoffing at me. “Well, I–” She giggled, shrugging her shoulders. “Have a fast metabolism. Plus I'm always moving so my calories are always burning. I have to keep charging up.”

“More like she just loves to eat.” Oscar snickered, trying to tease her, before drinking back the blood in the glass.

Nina, though, glared at Oscar. “Shut it, Oscar. Yes, I love to eat. You used to as well before blood was your only diet.” Rolling her eyes back to me. “But I do have a fast metabolism and do move a lot to where I am losing calories. Therefore, I make up for it by eating throughout the day to keep my strength up.” Then her eyes snapped back to Oscar. “What was your excuse other than you were just a pig who loved to always pack your mouth with something.” Insulting him, puffing air through her lips. “Now I bet that's still hardly changed with blood because like I said, you love to always pack your mouth about as much as you like using it.” Crossing her arms in the end.

Oscar laughed at Nina's words unfazed. “I'm gonna keep my mouth shut since you know exactly what I mainly like to pack it with.” Grinning, Winking at her.

That annoyed the shit out of me as now I sat up quick. Nina though placed her hand on my chest, stopping me. My sight moves directly to her as she calmly stares at me.

One look in Nina's eyes and all my fears melt away.

Nina smiles sweet as her hand caresses my cheek. “Your mouth will get to be filled with far more than  Oscar would ever dream of having with me. He’s not worth it.” Eliminating my want to hurt Oscar because she was completely right, that baby vamp wasn't worth it.