17. Moment Of Absent Breath

Reginald

It was 5:20 A.M. when Ninna stepped out of the shower and headed into her bedroom. Nina left in such a hurry that she didn't even give me enough time to tell the woman, I already took care of the blood and at least wedged the front door back in place. Miraculously, I didn't rip anything electrical out of the wall of the door since the panel still worked to the elevator. Which told me the front door was on its own security system, since it still wasn't opening for some reason and I couldn't figure it out.

What the hell opens the damn door?

"Reginald?" Nina called out for me.

I eliminate my thoughts.

I'm sitting at the end on the edge of Nina's bed with my head down. I move it up to see Nina coming out of her bathroom again. All I could do was get lost in her.

Now, Nina had on a light blue collared long sleeve shirt with a black vest over the top and a leather jacket. Still though, between her top and slim navy blue dress pants with slick black boots, it's revealing about an inch of her waist line all around and it teased me. To make matters worse, Nina's bright luscious waves of hair are held all the way up as her baby ones drooped around adorably, making her still have to fiddle with them to remove them from her face. Dark aubreen eyeshadow and eyeliner, sparkle up her eyes, drawing me in them more than I already do. A light coat of rose gloss shimmer across the arch of her lips, giving off a soft strawberry scent that drove me wild to devour them. Her cheeks are too perfect with the natural color of pink, thanks to always blushing at the sight of me and I loved it. Silver hoops swing in Nina's ear next as she brings one of half gloved hands up to run along the black choker with a half-moon and sun crescent around her neck.

Oh, lord, I'm gonna need another shower... no- I'm just gonna need to live in the shower thanks to this woman.

Damn this woman, teasing me by looking all sexy, wonderful and beautiful. I've really never wanted a human woman like Nina before. It's Maddening, whenever your blood sizzles on the inside for one person, begging for them to take you as your own.

I guess this is just how it feels when you finally find your forever partner. Nothing at all on this earth matters anymore but that bond and person. The need to always be near Intensifies because separation sounds like a death sentence. All you do now is live and breathe for the person your soul intertwines with until the day your both are taken from this earth.

I've got to convince Nina to spend eternity with me because this hold that we have on each other is deadly whether you're a human or a vampire.

"Hellooo...." Sang from Nina to the surface as her gloved hand waved in front of my face. "Reginald... you in there..." Giggled from her next.

My eyes finally snap free, looking to examine Nina as she is closer to me now. A hand along my chest while the other still moved around trying to steal my attention. Once she has it, Nina smiles, back up a bit, shoving both hands in her leather jacket.

I only wanted her to come back toward me.

"Reginald..." Laughed sweetly from Nina next.

I'm stopping my head from drifting anymore.

Clearing my throat, I gulp. "Yes, Nina." Picking up a smile of my own.

Nina shook her head, giggling. "So I guess, my style please you since all you've done is just stare at me." Widening that gorgeous smile.

Vampires technically don't need to breathe or in-take any air movement. But we do in order to make us feel like we're human. For the first time in my lifetime, I honestly felt like all the air had evaporated from Inside my body to the point I couldn't even fake an inhale.