761-770

Chapter 761 I Want to Stay

  Huo Jinyan held her hand tightly.

  Finally, his lips trembled and he nodded.

  Lu Ning looked at him, as if something had collapsed in her eyes, but there was nothing wrong with her expression.

  She nodded slightly and said nothing, neither crying nor making trouble.

  Huo Jinyan felt even sadder when he saw her like this.

  He held Lu Ning's hand tightly with both hands, and his voice seemed to be trembling: "Ning Ning, there is hope."

  Lu Ning did not speak, and she seemed to be holding on.

  Both of their eyes fell on Gu Chen.

  He sweated profusely and looked at the things in his hands. After a long time, he finally stopped and finally breathed a sigh of relief on his face.

  "There is hope!"

  He looked at Lu Ning and Huo Jinyan.

  Huo Jinyan's hands trembled subconsciously. Lu Ning didn't seem to be overly emotional, but he felt uncontrollably sad inside.

  "I want to go back to Yizhou again."

  He said and stood up, picking up the things on the table and watching Lu Ning raise her hand to touch her head.

  "Don't worry, wait for me to come back."

  He came in a hurry and left in a hurry.

  Gu Chen did not shy away from Lu Ning at all. This time he came to tell her the matter directly.

  Even if he didn't say it, Lu Ning would have noticed it sooner or later, so he simply stopped hiding it. Future treatments would still require her cooperation, and there was no way she wouldn't know.

  It's just that he didn't tell Huo Jinyan this decision in advance.

  After Gu Chen left, Huo Jinyan sighed and looked at Lu Ning.

  "Ning Ning, I didn't mean not to tell you."

  Lu Ning turned to look at him, with a smile on her lips: "It's okay, you must be scared too."

  Huo Jinyan was stunned and looked at her comforting him. , raised his hand and took her into his arms.

  She often forgets that she is the one who needs comfort the most.   

  Lu Ning was stunned for a moment and leaned against Huo Jinyan's arms. The tip of her nose felt a little sore. She just leaned against Huo Jinyan's arms quietly, neither crying nor making a fuss.

  Huo Jinyan hugged her tightly.

  He understood in his heart that Lu Ning developed such a temperament of neither crying nor making trouble because she knew from an early age that crying was useless and could not solve problems.

  But he still hoped that she could act coquettishly towards him and vent her fears instead of keeping all her emotions bottled up in her heart.

  He touched Lu Ning's hair, knowing that if he wanted to change these things, he had to do it slowly and there was no rush.

  ...

  When Lu Qing and the others came back, Huo Jinyan had just put Lu Ning to sleep.

  He sat by the bed and looked at her, just like he had watched over her in the hospital before.