35

I'm not sure how we managed to make it inside, but somehow, I'm being shoved against the front door with Connor's lips leaving searing, burning kisses down my neck and across my collarbone

I'm not sure how we managed to make it inside, but somehow, I'm being shoved against the front door with Connor's lips leaving searing, burning kisses down my neck and across my collarbone. He pulls the red lace of the lingerie bra I'm wearing back with his teeth, and the primal sound that vibrates in his chest has me wondering how the hell I'm going to survive tonight.

We became the new champions during his family's annual Thanksgiving tradition of charades, and obtaining the winning title had Connor revving to go as soon as we got home. Not that I'm complaining, of course. His family is incredible. They accepted me with open arms, and the love they share for each other is admirable. At the end of the night, when Connor was cuddled up by the fireplace with a sleeping Janie in his lap, I escaped into the backyard to call my parents. My mother was shocked that I had called her first, but the tears were endless when I asked if it was still okay if I came home for Christmas. I told her I had someone special for her to meet, and she couldn't stop asking questions about him.

For the first time, it doesn't feel like my problems are overpowering me. There's a light at the end of the tunnel that's been blocked off for years, and it's all because of the man currently worshipping me with kisses all over the damn place.

Connor pulls away, panting breathlessly. My heart stops when he turns the handle of my front door not once, but three times and says, "Just checking."

It's not a coincidence. Connor has been patiently studying me for a long time, so it's not surprising he picked up on my habit. Especially now that he's aware of my past, he knows my constant need to check things is for reasons beyond my control. I want to get help for it, and maybe now that I'm finally seeing the light I'll be able to do just that.

He scoops me up until my legs are wrapped around his waist like a koala and takes the stairs two at a time until we reach my bedroom. The clothing between us is bothersome, so between kisses, I'm tugging at the buttons of his dress shirt and tugging these damn sweatpants down he had to change into earlier.

"I need to be inside you," he growls. "Now."

He places me on my feet so he can strip himself of the rest of his clothes. I shamelessly eye his body that's been honed and crafted by years of hockey, his muscles rippling as he steps out of his briefs. Connor Holden is the sexiest man I've ever laid eyes on. From his rock-hard abs to his cock that's fully standing at attention for me, I can't seem to draw my gaze away.

His lips tilt up into a grin. "Your turn."

Ever since the accident, I've been self-conscious and have hated looking at myself in the mirror. All I saw when I stared at my reflection was a failure. A mistake. A person who always lets people down.

But Connor makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful woman in the world and little by little, he chipped at my defenses until there weren't any left. Tonight, I'm baring my soul completely to him. I'm laying it at his feet, trusting that he'll keep it safe because I want to be daredevil Aria again. I want to feel sexy in my own skin, so I'm allowing myself to be free. No more walls. No more defenses.