36

BEFORE YOU READ: PLEASE SEE THE AUTHOR'S NOTE FOR A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT I AM CERTAIN NONE OF YOU WILL WANT TO MISS <3

"Connor, if you can't keep your hands off of me, someone is bound to find out!" I erupt into a fit of laughter when the buff hockey player tosses me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. We're in the arena parking lot, and although no one seems to be out here, it wouldn't be impossible to be spotted.

"Can't help it," he says, swinging me around until I'm straddling his waist. "How am I supposed to focus during practice with you looking like that?"

Glancing down at my outfit, a grin tugs at my lips. Connor acts as if I'm wearing lingerie, but in reality, I'm in leggings and a cropped long-sleeved t-shirt that fits snugly to my body. The man could see me in a garbage bag and still believe I'm the hottest human to walk the planet. "You're insane," I tease. "Now put me down before someone sees us."

He arches a brow. "I don't see you struggling to get down."

He's right, which irritates me even more. I'm perfectly content being held by my insatiably hot and bulky boyfriend, and the more we try to hide things, the harder it becomes. Keeping my feelings for Connor a secret is becoming a lot more difficult than I originally intended.

"You're going to be late!" I urge. Despite the longing to remain in the same position, I force myself to wriggle out of his grasp. "This week of practice is important for you. With the team on a winning streak, you are the most valuable player. Therefore, your presence is required."

He rolls his eyes but strides for the entrance of the arena anyway. "Semantics. Just say you want me to get all hot and sweaty for you in front of the camera."

I release a giggle that is so carefree and weightless that I'm almost unsure it came from me. Connor notices it too, and the cheesy grin that falls onto his face has my heart ricocheting."I'll never complain about photographing you hot and sweaty. Neither will all of social media."

He holds the door open for me, and when I make to pass by him, he dips his chin down to whisper, "As much as I enjoy getting hot and sweaty for you to photograph me, Aria, I prefer being hot and sweaty in a more intimate way with you more."

Dammit.

Now I'm hot and sweaty.

Connor Holden will be the death of me.

***

Halfway through practice, Brian asked if we could have a chat this weekend before the game. Now, it's not unusual for Brian to want to speak with me often due to our family's history, but I could tell by the look on his face that this wouldn't be a good chat. He wore that same expression after Esme and I snuck home from a party I convinced her to attend.

I'm not naive enough to believe he isn't aware of Connor and I's relationship. At this point, more than half of the team knows we're together, and with Connor having his hands on me every chance he gets, it was bound to get back to Brian at some point.