Chapter 17: A Promise Made

[No one P.O.V]

Without hesitation, the sword man ran towards the marines just in time, slicing all of them using one sword. 

"Go and rest and look after Sky and Chopper with Ussop," He told Robin gruffly, while supporting Robin's body which was exhausted, with his one hand, the other holding a sword defending Robin from a few marines. She gave him a small thankful smile.

"Mil Fleur: Gigantesco Mano." Giant legs appeared, squashing the marines. After dealing with the nearby marines, she stood up, her legs wobbling slightly, she ran towards Ussop.

"Take this den den mushi and call Chopper!" Zoro threw a telephone that looked like a snail. She caught it perfectly in time, causing Zoro to grin.

------------

"Well, that was close, Straw hat. I must commend you for getting out of the hypnotize." Hay smiled, revealing his teeth which was stained with blood.

"I'm going to beat you up, HEY! And save everyone!" Luffy shouted, pointing his index finger at Hay angrily. He hit both of his fists together, looking down, his hair moving in all directions.

"Wait for me, Sky!" The straw hat whispered fiercely under his breath.

"At least pronounce my name properly, Straw hat." Hay smirked, clenching his fists too.

Both of them are finally getting serious. This final battle between them will decide the outcome and the fate of ----- this island, Sky Marvell and the Straw hats. Will Luffy be able to defeat Hay and save everyone or will he fail? According to One Piece, Luffy will never fail to defeat the villain in the end, right? Well, readers, lets believe in Luffy like every time. Luffy will neither die nor get defeated, right?

The Straw Hat captain dodged another of fast Hay's attack and lean forward. He flew towards Hay at breakneck speed, his fists hardening to black haki-like. To Luffy's delight, Hay didn't seem to dodge his attack in time and got hit.

"Huh?" Luffy shouted in confusion, "He got defeated so quickly?"

Unfortunately, that wasn't Hay. It was just another illusion. Taking the advantage of the situation, Hay quickly attacked Luffy with all his might without hesitation.

"Hypnotize Hypnotize: Swift Infinity Arrows." Hay said under his breath. Infinity arrows flew at such a high speed that you couldn't even see the arrows.

He spewed out blood. Blood splattered everywhere. The captain's vision blurred slowly. Like always, he clenched his fists and his teeth. Suddenly, the injury from just now filled his head. He flinched and his body fell to the ground slowly.

----------

"Sorry for being a bother!" Sky thanked their accompany.

"I'll heal quickly and help all of you!" The blue haired girl exclaimed energetically suddenly.

"Good luck on that." Chopper muttered, falling on the floor, completely worn out.

"Ehhhh?! Chopper-san? Are you alright?" Sky carried the tired doctor to the bed.

"Ehhhh?! Robin-san? Usopp-san? Are all of you alright?" Sky exclaimed in shock again when she saw Robin and Usopp collapsing on the ground too.

[Sky P.O.V]

Both Robin-san and Usopp-san are probably exhausted from the fight with the marines. Luckily Zoro-san went over to check and see if things are alright! They'll probably be safe for now. I'll go over and take a look at what was happening.

I don't have a good feeling. There was something sinister about my mind telling me to teleport to Luffy immediately.

"Water water: Evaporation teleport to Luffy." I whispered, sweat rolling down my cheek. My body turned to water and evaporated into air particles in a split of second. I teleported to Luffy in gas form.

--------

I, back to my solid form, landed perfectly on my butt. How graceful. Ouch. And I feel tired after using this technique.

Rubbing my sore back, I stood up and I saw Luffy.

Luffy! He's going to die! NO!

"LUFFY!" I shrieked with a terrified expression, stumbling over a rock clumsily. Lying down on the ground helplessly, I raised my hand and whispered something. Strong, angry ocean currents appeared out of thin air, and as if it was human, it raced towards Hay at high speed.

Hay squeezed his eyes shut, he is a devil fruit user. It seemed to weaken him slightly. He coughed and tried to dodge the waves.

"You won't get your way ever again, Hay." I stood up, my hands on my knees, trying to stop it from trembling, still weak from using the teleport technique.

"Because we have Luffy here," I added, beaming proudly.

"Thank you, Sky. Now stay back. I'll defeat Hay and this island would be saved!" Luffy declared determinedly, who had just recovered quickly from just now.

"Promise?" I whispered softly to his ears.

"I PROMISE!"Luffy shouted loudly in reply, his ears red, startling me.

[Luffy P.O.V]

She smiled in return. The world suddenly became colourful.

"I believe in you, Luffy!" She told me, and her voice rang in my head right after I heard her voice, its like an echo.

Why do I feel as if my face is on fire?! UGH! I feel so uncomfortable and I can barely think about anything at all---- not like I try to think about anything anyway.

BUT STILL, I FEEL AS IF SOMEONE IS SQUEEZING MY HEART SO HARD THAT I HAVE DIFFICULTY BREATHING WHENEVER SHE SMILE. HELP ME!This horrible-awesome disease is killing me! Why is there no cure for this?!

[No one P.O.V]

The small promise that is made between the two friends or something more than friends definitely strengthen the bond between Sky and Luffy. 

Will the promise be kept?

"Promise?"

The world suddenly became colourful.

"I believe in you, Luffy!"

Is this what we call love? Is the silly and dense captain really deeply in love...?

-End Of Chapter-

I'm finally back, my exams are OVER! YAY! Thank you to those who waited!