chapter 37

I managed to get some sleep for a while. Even managed to have a nice dream without Vince interfering in it.

Raizel: Mei.

Mei: ...

I opened my eyes, and Rai was sitting on the edge of the bed next to me.

Mei: hi Rai.

Raizel: you slept well.

Mei: yeah. Best sleep I had in a while.

Raizel: ...we will be leaving soon.

Mei: we are?...we can go back to school, and see the kids?

Rai gave me a nod.

Mei: that makes me very happy. I kind of miss their wild behaviors....Rai, are you sure your okay?

Raizel: ...I am fine.

Mei: ....

Raizel: I've made you worry the whole time since we got back to lukedonia....

Mei: Rai...I'm just always worried about you...I just want you to be safe. I know your duty as a noblesse is important to you, but even you have limits. I keep telling you, you are not invincible.

Raizel: .....

As much as Rai needs to rest, he doesn't want to. He thinks if he goes back to sleep, time may go by again and he would miss out of the new life we created. But Rai...I wish I could convince him otherwise.

Mei: ...y'know Rai, out of all the places in this house since we got back, this room is the most pleasant...comfy too, hahaha.

Raizel: ...it is good to hear you laughing again.

Mei: well, it would be nice to see you smile genuinely again without having to put on a fake on...

Raizel: ....

I sat up straight in the bed and stretched my arms into the air.

Mei: ....Rai. There is one more thing I want to do before leaving lukedonia.

Raizel: ....?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
By day, we were all able to make it back to the human world. It felt better and it felt right to be back. Hopefully, with that scare, Vince won't be around for a while.
The kids were very excited to see us when we got back. They burster in the classroom so loudly.

It felt nice and vibrant at school. All the positive aura around the school was wonderful. Even Rai and the others gave off positive auras. The human world really does have an effect on all types of beings...... well, parts of the human world.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
As usual, around night time, I was out for a while around town, just to always check and see if anything was wrong. Thankfully, everything seemed to be quite tamed.
When I made it back home, no one else was there except Rai. He was sitting on the couch reading something. He didn't even noticed I came in.

How rude. He doesn't acknowledge I'm here...

I sneak up behind him quietly, still unnoticed.

Mei: hi Rai~

Rai turned and noticed me, but flinched slightly as he seen I had big Kudu horns sticking out the top of my head.