Chapter 64

Lazark: ...hello, Mrs. Cadis Etrama Di Mei

Mei: ...why...are you here?....but if I can see you here...Then your...

Lazark: .....

Mei: ...I see.......how...did you die?

Lazark: I was outnumbered by traitors who are now trying to attack Lukedonia.

What?!

Mei: outnumbered...? was no one there to help you?

It's as if I had a huge lump caught in my throat as I spoke.

Lazark: no.

...so...Lazark died on his own, with no one to help him....

Mei: .....Lazark Kertia.

Lazark: yes?

Mei: ...did you fulfill your goal...did you die protecting Lukedonia as best as you could?

Lazark: ...yes...I have no regrets...but I a favor I want to ask of you?

Mei: ...?

Lazark: Rael, my brother, I'm sorry I can't stay with Him any longer.......Mei, please, watch over Rael, until he is strong enough....

Mei: ...I might not have to do that....he will become stronger on his own. You know this better than I...You are his brother.

Lazark: hmph...Yes. I know....but give him a little push for me.

Mei: yes. I will....

I walked up to him and gestured him my hand.

Mei: are you ready, Lazark Kertia?

Hesitantly, he took my hand.

Lazark: ...yes.

Mei: ...Lazark, with a soul as pure, bright, and strong as yours, your soul will transcend and help me save those who are not able to save themselves.....and...I give you my word, I'll protect that place you call home.

Lazark: hmph. Thank you, Cadis Etrama Di Mei.

His smile just made his soul even brighter.
And in a flash, I was able to absorb his soul....in this moment, I could see all of his memories. His entire life flashing before my eyes in a single second...even his last memory. And what I saw sent me over the edge.

Mei: ....it's time for me to wake up...

Cat: but you will get hurt.....

...I looked back at the cat in a bit of shock.
it's talking?

Mei: its okay...it is life's duty to protect those who cannot protect themselves...until we meet again, okay?

Cat: .....please...don't go...

****end of dream****
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I snapped open my eyes and stood to my feet. I saw that it was nighttime.
In a dream time can seem to go by faster than real time. So how long was I asleep? ...guess I'll find out when I get back.

Immediately I rushed off. It seemed as if I had become faster than I usually was.

A bit of rest was all I needed?

I made it back safety and quickly in shorter time than when I left. I came in through the window of my bedroom. It felt as if everyone was gathered in one place in the living room. They probably haven't noticed I came back yet, so I came out of my room and was about to greet them...

Frankenstein: master and I will be heading to Lukedonia.

What?!

Karius: I'm going too.

Frankenstein: Karius, I'm sorry to say this, but you have to stay behind.

Karius: what do you mean? How can a family leader stay back when Lukedonia is under attack?

Frankenstein: we don't know what might happen here, so we can't just leave the injured here by themselves. Leaving only Seira here will not be enough. We need you here Karius.

Regis: I want to go as well.

Frankenstein: not in your condition, you won't. You're only going to get in the way...

Rael: I shall go as well...

Frankenstein: Rael, the same goes for you.

Rael: why can't I go?! Won't sir Karius and Seira be enough to protect this place?

Rael, by the tone of his voice, I could hear how broken and sad he really was.

Frankenstein: Rael, your condition and mental state aren't normal right now. And the enemies who are attacking Lukedonia must have put in a lot of preparation.

Rael: but...but my brother....

Of all people, of course Rael would be devastated most about the loss of his brother. But....

Rael: ....he was put to eternal sleep, yet you want me to stay behind? I MUST HAVE MY REVENGE!

Mei: ...STOP ACTING LIKE A CHILD, Rael Kertia!

Everyone turned and finally noticed I was in the room.
But I am certainly not happy.

Frankenstein: mistress, you've returned.

I stormed in pass Frankenstein and pushed Rael, it wasn't even enough force, but the push caused Rael to fall down.

Mei: pathetic...how can you fight anyone in your state? You are still weak. Do you really think you will have any effect on the outcome if you go? GET YOURSELF TOGETHER, RAEL KERTIA! Your brother, Lazark, was strong! SO DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOU CAN FIGHT THOSE WHO HAVE KILLED YOUR BROTHER?! THINK OF WHAT LAZARK WOULD SAY IF YOU WERE TO GIVE UP YOUR LIFE IN VAIN!! DO YOU THINK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FACE HIM IN THE AFTERLIFE AFTER SUCH AN IDIOTIC DECISION TO FIGHT NOW?!

Rael: ....?!

I grew completely silent. A tense silence. Everyone was shocked by my sudden outburst.

I hope that was a good enough push that lazark wanted.

Mei: haa...Rael Kertia, I know of how you feel to lose family. Everyone here does so it's not just you...its normal to feel angry, it's normal to feel sad about this....but you must continue to move forward. This can only make you stronger......the first thing you need to do is get well and learn how to use your awakened body and complete soul weapon. Lazark would also want you to do that.

Fighting in revenge can only get you killed. I know this better than anyone.

Rael: ....Okay.

Mei: .........Rael...your brother, Lazark, he was deeply saddened that he couldn't stay with you any longer and to leave you the way that he did....but he has fulfilled his goal in this world and has left with no regrets.

Rael: .....

Mei: now that I'm getting serious, we all know how bad the situation is...

Frankenstein: ....Tao, you will be the one to decide things here while we are gone.

Tao: huh?

Frankenstein: some other enemies might try something while we are gone

Tao: yes, understood.

Raizel: Mei, Frankenstein. We shall head to Lukedonia as fast as possible.