Fifteen.

Enjoy the fluff this chapter because you're gonna hate me for the next one. Muahahaha.

-

"Hello."

Camila blinks in surprise when her bedroom door opens and Lauren wanders in, taking a few moments to check if her drawing is still in its position on Camila's wall.

"Uh... hey, Lo," Camila reaches over to check her phone, certain she hasn't slept through Friday and it's suddenly the weekend. Also, she's pretty certain that she and Lauren don't have plans. "What're you doing here?"

"DJ told me you were sick and that's why you weren't in school today." Lauren tentatively sits down on Camila's bed and carefully takes hold of her hand. "I thought I would come and see if you're okay now. Unless you want me to go home, I know it's unexpected, but I just thought maybe you'd like company because being homesick is boring and lonely and I know that I like company when I'm sick."

Camila's stomach flips. "I'd love company, Lolo. Come and cuddle me."

Lauren curls up next to her and snuggles her face into her neck. "Are you feeling okay? DMac told me you were sick. Why didn't you tell me you were sick? You could've texted me."

"I didn't want you to worry. We both know what you're like when something worries you, you wouldn't be able to concentrate on your schoolwork if I'd told you." Camila replies. "And I'm feeling a lot better than I was this morning. I think it was probably just a little fever. I doubt you'll catch anything."

"Can I- um..." Lauren sits up and brushes her hair from her face. "Can I take care of you anyway? I promised I would be a good girlfriend and treat you right and I want to take care of you when you're sick."

Camila feels her stomach twist and turn in every possible direction. "Okay, baby. If you want to take care of me, go ahead."

Lauren hums to herself and taps against her leg with her fingers. "I don't really know what to do. Do you want me to make you some soup? I only know how to make chicken noodle soup though, and I don't know if you like that. What would make you feel better?"

"Kisses," Camila sends her girlfriend a teasing smile and finds it hard not to beam when Lauren leans down and dots kisses around her face. She takes her time to kiss Camila's cheek, her forehead, and her temple before finally landing on her lips. When she pulls away, Camila smiles. "See? I'm already feeling better after that."

Lauren blushes and wraps her arms around Camila. "I'm glad you're better because I'm taking care of you. That means I'm a good girlfriend."

"You're really focused on being good to me, Lo," Camila points out, "it's sweet."

"Well, I have to be good to you because you're my girlfriend and I like you so I want you to be happy." Lauren explains herself, and Camila smiles when the older Latina snuggles up next to her. "Also, I need to prove to you that I can be- um, as good as someone like... someone neurotypical. You understand?"

"Lolo," Camila kisses the top of her girlfriend's head. "I already think you're way better than everyone else. You don't need to prove anything to me. I'm never going to think you're less than anyone else just because you're not considered 'neurotypical'. Seriously, Ryan Gosling could come knocking on the door and I'd tell him to go screw himself, because you're the only person I want to be with."

Lauren's face turns crimson and she hums to herself. "I think that you're wonderful, Camzi. But- um, even wonderful people can leave because they think I'm too much to handle. That's what some people say."