Fifty Six.

"It feels strange, not going to Manibear's New Year party like I do every year." Lauren comments as she opens the front door to Camila, not bothering to say hello. "But it's not- it's not bad, because I planned tonight lots. So don't say that you're ruining my routine like you did in your text."

Camila kicks her shoes off, and Lauren reaches down to stack them one on top of the other, because she doesn't like it when shoes are left haphazardly by the door. "Alright then. I won't feel bad. I was just worried in case you wanted to go but didn't because you thought I wanted something else."

"No, I'm not doing tonight for you only, I'm doing it for both of us," Lauren rolls her eyes, pulling Camila into the lounge. "We're home alone because my parents are at one of my mom's friends New Year's party, my brother is at a friend's party and Taylor is having a sleepover with her friends. Mom left a bottle of champagne and I have three bottles of Prosecco for us to have and- and if you want, I'll share some of my weed with you."

Camila blinks at her in surprise. "You want to get high tonight?"

"No, but if you wanted to, I would share," Lauren rocks on her heels and sits Camila down on the couch. "Unless you'd like me to get high? It's just, I like champagne on New Year's Eve, and I don't want to mix alcohol and weed in case something bad happens."

"No, that's-" Camila cuts herself off, "I was just surprised. I still haven't seen high Lauren and I want her to make an appearance soon."

"Well... when Mani has a party," Lauren decides, "then I will. But not tonight because I'd like champagne. And Prosecco, I like that too, and it doesn't really count as mixing drinks because they're both... similar."

Camila frowns at her, and Lauren doesn't understand what she's said wrong. "You don't like mixing drinks?"

"No, it makes me feel sick." Lauren replies, watching as Camila's frown disappears and sighing in relief. Then, she jabs her thumb over her shoulder and gestures towards the kitchen door. "I am going to open the Prosecco. We need to keep the champagne for midnight so we can drink when the New Year comes in and- and then kiss. We need to kiss at midnight."

"We will," Camila pulls her down and kisses her anyway, "it's more than likely that I'll already be kissing you anyways. You're kind of irresistible."

Lauren blushes, not liking how hot her face feels. "Um... yes. Anyway. I am going to open the Prosecco now, would you like a glass?"

Camila hums in thought. "Alright then. Sure."

At Camila's words, Lauren spins on her heel and makes her way into the kitchen, opening the bottle with ease and pouring out two glasses, carrying them back into the lounge. She holds out one for Camila, and puts the other in front of her on the coffee table, before straightening out the red cropped t-shirt she's wearing. She'd worn this before her and Camila's first time, and she hopes it'll have a good effect on her girlfriend tonight. Especially because of what she's planning.

"Do you- um," Lauren bites down on her bottom lip and blushes. "Do you like my outfit?"

Camila smiles and rests her hands on Lauren's bare waist. "I love it. I loved it the first time you wore it, too. Your Disney day two look is my favourite."

Lauren flushes even more, if that's possible. "Thanks, Camz. I'm- I'm glad you like it. Would you like to watch some TV? We can watch anything you want, but we have to watch the fireworks in Times Square at midnight. Maybe- maybe next year we can see them in person... if we both get into NYU."

"Maybe," Camila agrees, "but TV sounds good. We can watch anything you want. Except for The Lion King. I'm kind of Lion Kinged out for this year. We've watched it too much."