Chapter 5| Rescuing The Hero

Sitting on a side that is yet to be burnt, I waited patiently for my demise. Well, I suppose my half-sister will never meet me then. So maybe, just maybe, I, Rein Aurelia, might never have to face that public humiliation, I thought sadly. This world at least gave me a reason to live whilst at my past life, no one cared. Thinking just that, I sighed contentedly and closed my eyes, waiting to be soon consumed by the fire. I was disturbed however. For Luisa suddenly burst in from the fiery background with tears on her eyes.

"Luisa ?!" I shouted in shock. She was sniffling.

"Ojou-sama.." She sobbed. Instantly, I felt guilty. Just because I died feeling utterly lonely doesn't mean I'll also be lonely in this world. And now, I made those who cared for me cry. How idiotic of me to think like my past self. She wiped her tears away and gave a serious look. Wood began falling as the building slowly fell into rubble. She quickly kicked it in time, saving us both from being killed.

"Come, Ojou-sama!" She hurried me. She took my hand and we began to ran. My body began feeling disoriented again and my eyesight started seeing dots. Yep, I'm going to die from lack of oxygen. I coughed, smoke overwhelming my respiratory system. This isn't looking too good, with my current situation, I might not make it. Mentally slapping myself, I ran faster to catch up with Luisa's running pace. No need for negative thoughts at this hour.

"Ojou-sama ! Through this doorway !" Luisa suddenly shouted. Running as fast as I could, I finally reached outside the doorway with Luisa.

"We ma-" my body suddenly felt rigid and I couldn't move any of part of my body. I somehow felt trapped inside my own body and with a large thud, I fell to the floor. Well, that went nice. Shouts were heard from a distance and I felt myself being carried somewhere. Ah, how inconvenient is this body ? It's really frustrating especially since my old body could at least withhold twice as much smoke as the smoke inside my body right now.

The carriage I seemed to be in stopped and I was brought out of the transportation. My hand, as it seems to be, was currently occupied by another's hand and to much of my surprise, was holding my hand tightly. Feeling comfort, I tighten my grip over the unknown person's hand.

"Hey Miss Maid" a squeaky voice said, "will Miss Rein be alright ?"

The question could even made the Army cry once learning the situation at hand. I know Luisa , or 'Miss Maid' if that is the nickname you wish to use, is very attached to me. It was very certain since her whole attitude changed after her last living relative, her sister, died while she was away in a trip with an Aurelian branch family member.

That was really heavy day for her, since it was her sister's birthday when she heard the news. But it seemed she saw me as her sister as she would sometimes become overprotective of me if the danger grows. And I let her, it was the least I could do after all she did for me over the seven years.

"She will" Luisa answered firmly, "if not then who would you all thank to for saving your lives ?" I must admit, this answer was not expected. I almost giggled at her comment, understanding full well what my attitude could be once it reaches to the point of egotism. I would even try to pose like a knight if I could but sadly, for the reputation the Aurelia House upholds, I couldn't.

Now laying on a bed, probably one from the medic's room, a medic began to examine my body. Feeling awkward since I was fully awake mentally, I tried to think of other topics but failed. Finally done with her inspection, she stood from her slightly creaking chair and sighed.

"Dear God, it's a wonder how she's still breathing perfectly normal" the doctor speculated, "but her body has become weak from all the smoke she inhaled at the fire and she is covered in blisters and burns so it could take two weeks to fully heal her with the right medicine and proper care"

"I see, so-" Luisa was cut off since the doctor began speaking.

"That reminds me.." She trailed on, "what was she even doing at that house ? I heard from my fellow doctors that the building was a orphanage, clearly being a duke's daughter, she isn't so why ?"

Luisa couldn't answer that. She was sent off somewhere while this incident happened so she wouldn't know anything.

"It's all my fault.." The same squeaky voice that asked the question earlier said, "first, she saved me from the thugs, now she saved not only me again but my friends from the orphanage" the doctor seemed surprised. She wasn't even speaking or uttering even a whisper. Just silence.

"When the fire started, me and Miss Rein was able to escape but I saw the nun who was working in orphanage stuck so I helped her, when I found out that my friends were stuck within the fiery walls of the burning building, I rushed in there with a second thought, not even able to form a plan"

"Unfortunately, I also got trapped but I was luckily found by Miss Rein, she saved me and my friends, She even was about sacrifice herself to save Sarah and me from being killed by pushing us outside before it was completely rundown ! I bet if we didn't met, she would have been drinking tea and enjoying her life this very moment" North said sadly.

"Right now, I feel guilty for even meeting her, I was bad luck since I was born and now she got affected even though she was just trying to help"

"Miss Healer, I beg you, please help her in any way you can !"