Chapter 29| Whoever Is This Mysterious Boy, I Wonder ?

I stood there, frozen in shock. He continued to stare at me with widen eyes as I followed suit. It was as if we were in our own world, except less romantic and more awkwardness. Here, saving me from a fall, was Godric Holowbergh. My memory went directly towards the incident the other day and my mind went haywire.

What was he doing here ? And how was he related to Headmaster August ? I continued to stare at him, a million thoughts racing within my mind while at it. He was the first to snap back to reality, quickly fixing his position to make the situation less awkward.

"Rein ?" He said, a bit unsure if it was truly me. I could only nod, too busy trying to calm my mind.

"Ah Godric, you know this girl ?" Sir August asked him. Godric glanced at me for a moment, unsure what to say before he opened his mouth to speak.

"Yes, Grandfather" he said sweetly. Too sweetly. I stared at him suspiciously, irked by his sugarcoated smile.Who is this boy and what has he done to the proud Godric I know ? Did he change personality while I left ? Before I could question his behavior, he gave me a side glance with a smirk I know too well.

Yep. Still the Godric I know.

Sir August smiled at me welcomingly. Not wanting to look like a fool in front of the headmaster, I smiled as well. I didn't know how long we were going to keep smiling but I can assure you it was long enough for my cheeks to hurt. Thankfully, Godric broke our smiling contest and began introducing me to Sir August.

"Grandfather, this is Rein Aurelia, my-" he paused for a moment before continuing, "friend"

I nodded approvingly and looked at the old man's still smiling face. I was surprised to see a look of amusement in the man's eyes, as if expecting that something entertaining will be happening soon. Let's act oblivious and not mind it, shall we ?

"Hello Rein, I've heard so much about you from my daughter Samantha and of course, Godric" he said as he shook my hand. I curtsied, guessing that he was probably expecting me to and was relief to see him nodding an approval.

"Good things, I hope" I replied and he laughed.

"Oh, more than that" he said, "not just Samantha was ranting off my ear this past few weeks ago" he gave Godric a sly glance before proceeding. Godric unexpectedly blushed before covering his face with one of his hands.

"Grandfather !" He scolded.

"What ? Did I say anything, Rein ? I didn't say anything" he replied innocently, causing me a giggle. This man right here could be a stand-alone comedian. A very good one, in fact.

"Ah, Rein" Sir August suddenly called me out of my train of thoughts, "I think you should be going now, don't want to miss your first match now, don't we ?"

I nodded, suddenly remembering that I still have to secure my spot on the top five. I thanked the old man before going back into the crowd.

———————-

Happy New Year, my dear readers !

I hope you enjoyed this short chapter ! Sorry for the long wait, I've been experiencing writer's block (I swear, this blocks are going to kill me one day). So, anyone surprised that it was Godric ? Hopefully yes because I'm not letting Simon debut just yet.

Anyways, new topic. GodRein or LuEin ? Or you have another ship ? Comment who you want Rein to end up with !