Chapter 24| Wasn't Lucas Supposed to be Dead ?

You know, I wonder why I keep going into these situations. I mean, I'm just an ordinary noble heiress who got reincarnated, can't I have a normal luxurious non-adventurous life where I have nothing to worry about ? Is that too much to ask ?

In front of me as of now is the whole Council. With a golden dress I've gotten from my mother and the family heirloom which I've only heard of now around my neck, I stood before their calculating eyes. Though it may seem like I was calm in the outside, my hands are secretly sweating at the pressure I'm receiving.

At a much higher floor, the Royal Family and it's closest family members sat on their gold like thrones, watching me. With a shaky exhale, I looked up from my oh so interesting expedition in the art of gold paint to catch the eyes of Godric. He slightly blushed when he saw me too but quickly hid it from his family, most probably from aunt Samantha, who was sitting next to him.

On my side was my mother and Teacher, both standing with confidence, though quite different were their auras. My mother stood with humility and slyness, comparable to a fox that was sleeping in the midsummer afternoon. My Teacher, on the other hand, had poise, a sense of superiority and confidence unrivaled. The eldest man, Duke Gregory of the Cain Territory, stood and looked at me curiously.

"You must be Rein Aurelia, am I correct ?" He asked confirmation. What did Teacher told me when introducing myself again ? Oh right, look at the person talking to you, smile and state your name with confidence and power.

"You are correct, Sir Gregory" I first confirmed his notion, "my name is Rein Aurelia, first daughter and heiress of the Aurelian Family" I managed to say without stuttering or losing confidence. He smiled at me before continuing.

"As I heard from the Head Priest" a man wearing red robes stood as he was called before sitting down, "you young lady attained the highest record of the Mana and IQ Ceremony, breaking the previous highest record in History"

"You also visited countless villages and countries with Queen Dowager Corona Amelia Septimius and successfully made allies with various leaders at the short gap of five years, fixing minor and major problems while at it and reaching the newspapers many times"

"You have thirty-nine percent of the public's approval and reached the nobility's ears countless of times such as the time you formed an unexpected alliance with the Western Wolves, fixed several misunderstandings between two rivaling tribes and even held a wedding within a civil warring county" he sounded surprised for a moment, almost losing face.

"What a breakthrough" he breathed out, "are you sure your just twelve years old ?" He asked in disbelief. I must admit, even if it sounds amazing, it's just because I had an experienced queen with me. If my teacher didn't bring me to the Western Territory, I wouldn't have gone lost and bonded with the Alpha of the Tribe. Who do you think helped me reach the ears of both tribes at the same time ? Or find a place for the unfortunate timing couple to have their wedding and find and invite their parents ?

All of these accomplishments happened because the Queen Dowager was with me. And I wouldn't stand for it if she doesn't gain any credit. I was about to raise my hand to speak when Teacher rose her hand slightly enough for me to notice and gave me a look that very much state to me not to say anything. With a small pout, I let my hand fall back to my side.

As he began reading more of my accomplishments (which shouldn't unfairly be giving credit to just me) I noticed a familiar figure at the watching but still seated Council. It almost similar to-

I stared at him in disbelief as he pulled himself forward and waved at me with a bright smile. There on one of the Council seats was Lucas, smiling at me as we speak.