Chapter 14| I'm Leaving

The temperature immediately dropped and I've never seen my mother so fearful for her life. I really didn't understand Madam Samantha, what is she so worked up about ? I was so concentrated at the older women that I forgot about Lucas and his draped arm. As my mother backs slowly away from Madam Samantha, I felt Lucas involuntarily pulled me closer to his chest, causing me to blush.

Good heavens, I sound like one of those main protagonists who blushes at everything ! Am I really becoming that soft ?

"Elizabeth ~" Samantha's voice was practically dripping in sick sweetness. She looked like she was about to murder someone and with the way she was looking at my mother, I fear First Wife Elizabeth Aurelia might be no more in a few moments. I tried to push Lucas' heavy arm off me but it just wouldn't budge ! Thankfully, Lucas noticed my discomfort and took his hand off me. I silently thanked him and proceeded to watch the scene unfold, too respectful and too afraid to go between the both of them.

Before the unfortunate death of my mother happen, a carriage that was wearing the royal crest pulled in front of the Holowbergh Mansion. It was Samantha and Godric's turn to have their faces drained of any color. The feeling of tension and clear anger appeared out of nowhere and the stiff composure that once held all of the nobles before me regained its control.

"Father" I heard Godric whispered under his breath. The carriage doors swung opened and there appeared a man around he age of thirty. It was obvious Godric hated his father from the glare he was shooting his father with. I shivered at the now uncomfortable silence.

"Godric" the father said coldly towards his son. He slightly sneered before stalking away towards the mansion, bringing along his bodyguards. The air he left was cold and emotionless, no voice speaking up whatsoever. Samantha looked regretful and quickly helped mother up from the ground.

"Lucas, I think now is not the best time to bond" Godric slowly said, his voice edgy, " I-I think you should leave" he looked at Lucas' eyes and Lucas quickly understood the situation.

"I'll come back another time" he answered as he talked to one of his servants, most likely to prepare the coach. Godric gave a weak smile before looking at his mother, not even taking notice of me. I clenched my fists and forced a smile. I felt ignored by one of my first friends but I have to endure. Who knows what his feeling at this time.

Three months has passed and I was back at the Aurelia Summerhouse with my mother. After telling Lucas to go home, Samantha quickly explained that it was also best for us, people who aren't part of the Holowbergh Family, to leave. Me and my mother were very hesitant to, but we complied nevertheless. And now I am here.

I've heard from the Ceremony examiners in the of a letter that, along with a few others who could at least scrap an examiner at the third part of the ceremony, passed and how delighted were they to have witness one of the most promising children in action while they were on duty. To be quite honest, I completely forgotten about the Mana Ceremony a few days back since I was busied by the recent events happening.

I looked away from my textbooks, wondering again what has happened to the two boys that was occupying my thoughts. Godric and Lucas. Godric and Lucas. How in this world were they connected ? I am as sure as the way I was sure that I reincarnated that this wasn't part of the storyline. As I fuzzed over this new contemplation, North silently entered the room, with a shaky tray of tea and biscuits.

"Your tea, Miss Rein" he said nonchalantly, causing me to stop my train of thoughts. I looked at him, confused. Is he alright ?

"Are you alright, North ?" I asked him worriedly. He looked at me with blank eyes and nodded. I sat there, shocked by his new expression. He was definitely not okay.

"I was just thinking, Miss Rein" he started, "maybe I should leave"

I blinked once. And then I blinked twice. I pressed my mouth into a thin line.

"It's just that, I feel very unneeded here, it's not you or the servants, I just feel like I should be doing something..more than serve tea and biscuits"

Ahh...so that's it. His feeling trapped. That should be expected, since he is a curious boy, but why do I feel like I have not given him enough attention as a friend ? I gulped, feeling slightly ashamed even though he said it's not my fault.

"Are you really sure you want to leave ?" I asked him for the last time. He slowly nodded and I felt my heart breaking. He really is leaving, isn't he ?

----------------

Hello everyone, since Monday is the deadline of the poll, I'll be moving it today (Sunday) because I am, as we all are in the start of the week, busy. The poll has now been officially ended and the winner is *drum rolls* the one-shot contest ! It really won in a landslide.

Readers, you are officially allowed to write a one shot until August 19, 2017. All you need to do is PM me your joining and that's it ! You can get writing. I will judge the one-shot contest. You can make your one shot by publishing it in a book or anyway you want, just as long as you tag me in it !

So good luck and may the best one-shot contestant win. Go to the official one-shot book I set up for more details.