Chapter 13| I Was Right

I was right. Something bad did happen.

Well, not that bad but still...

Who would have thought the Lucas Kiefer has an appointment with Godric the day after tomorrow ?

"I hope you don't mind, Rein" Godric told me while sipping some tea, "it just feels so long since I met Lucas I think I don't even know what he looks like anymore" but I do. How could I forget ? He's my fiancé. That and we just met hours before Godric kidnapped me. He explained that Lucas and him were best friends but lost touch the moment Godric was proclaimed a fifth year old prodigy.

I sighed, knowing Godric will find out sooner or later my relationship with Lucas. The rest of the day, I was next to the window sipping all kinds of drinks, waiting for Lucas' carriage to appear. And it did, with Lucas and his brother Simon walking out of it. I immediately fixed myself up and went down, albeit difficultly. Why is that I keep forgetting that I'm still seven years old ? The moment I reached the gates, the nine year old I was intending to meet brightened at the sight of me and waved his hand, much to Godric's surprise.

"You know each other ?" He questioned me with a 'you've got a lot of explaining to do' look. Lucas and I glanced at each other and blushed. If I've known better, I would say Godric was becoming good at his shocked face. At least he has Simon to keep him company. My mother appeared outside the mansion to greet the guests only to stop on tracks at the sight of Lucas. I pitied my mother, her face went pale as if she just did something wrong.

"L-Lucas ?" She stuttered with her face still pale. Lucas swiftly turned his head towards my mother and smiled.

"Mother-in-law !" He exclaimed. I mentally facepalmed. Mother-in-law ? For your information, I still haven't married you !

.....

N-not like I wanted to marry him or anything ! I shook my head, I'm backfiring myself, aren't I ?

At that moment, Godric's face was too hilarious to comprehend. You have to look at his face, he looked like someone splashed cold water on him.

"Lucas, don't tell me your-" "Rein's fiancée ?" Lucas cut off Godric. Godric solemnly nodded. Lucas smiled.

"I am" he unconsciously pulled me closer to him. I blushed. Damn Lucas ! If he wasn't that tall, I would have slapped the back of his head. Godric's eyes widen and he was furiously stammering. I forced at thin smile as two pairs of menacing eyes looked at me.

"Mistress..." "Oujo-sama..." I quickly flinched at the sound of my two servants' voices, slowly turning towards them. I gulped. This is bad. Very bad. At the same moment, my mother was, though she was trying hard to hide it, was frivolously sweating as she sensed Samantha's presence coming to a close.

"My my, why were you in-" Samantha stopped short, looking at Lucas' arm draped onto mine and to my blushing face.

--------------

Yes, I know, it was short. But I'm in a tight spot here. I'm having exams this week and well, let's just say I won't be here for a while. I'm really sorry but you've got to pray for me to pass my exams or I might really not be able publish anymore chapters. Wish me luck !