Chapter 19| Arrival To The Main City

The carriage ride was long and slow, to say the least. It's been one day since I left and I'm already bored. Why didn't I bring a book with me again ? The carriage moved as I sighed for the hundredth time. It was as if time was slowing down just to make me agonize. I turned my head to the side window.

The lush forests disappeared and my face finally lit up. We have arrived.

You may be wondering, why did I choose to accept in the end ? Yes, the assassination attempt did shook me and the probability of being assassinated in the city or most commonly called, Main City, is considerably higher. But you and I both know the reason why assassin was really after me.

And that was why I had to detach myself from my close ones. To keep them safe.

The looks of the capital residents changed the moment they saw my carriage. Their eyes went from dullness to pure anger and their faces scrunched up in disgust. I looked at the people in surprise. I have never seen such faces with hatred burning, even in the game. The game never shown me any of this. As I watch the angered people, a little girl who was walking dangerously close to my carriage fell after getting hit by one of the wheels.

It didn't look like it was that bad but I could already picture the mother of the child worrying for her safety. Just the thought of a mother made my heart clench. The mother I have loves me now but for the most part of my reincarnated life, she had given me the look of accusation. My other mother, the mother I had in my past life, was too busy with her job with my father and barely gave me time to bond.

"Stop, coach, stop !" I ordered the coachman. I went out of the carriage and instantly gotten pricked by the disbelieved stares of the people. I shrugged their gazes as I proceeded by helping the poor girl up. She was probably the same age as me since she was only a bit taller but she was already crying. I noticed some of her fruits that she was carrying earlier had gotten squashed by the carriage and feeling pity, took some of the still fully ripe fruit and placed it on my skirt.

"I'll help clean the place up and pay for your squashed fruits so please don't cry" I muttered to her. She probably heard me because she stopped crying and just looked at me with eyes filled with wonder. Once I finished doing my task, I saw a bit of blood on the girl's knee and I bit my lip. I suppose she was hiding it to keep herself from unnecessary gazes. With a bit of force, I ripped my dress and detached the ripped part from it. The girl looked at me in surprise and she finally spoke.

"What are you doing ?" She said with a taken aback voice. The coachman saw me while I was on the process of doing since he was already screaming at me.

"Mistress, what have you done ?!" He kept on screaming, to which I keep no mind.

"I'm planning on tending your wound" I said over the coachman's screams, "if you let me, of course"

The people, I have noticed, was already crowding the vicinity so I had to do it fast. When the girl finally relented into getting help from me, I wrapped the wound with clean ripped part. When I knew my job here was done, I looked at the still screaming coachman in disbelief.

"Why are you still screaming ? Are you still planning on driving the carriage or I'll have to walk myself to the palace ?" I asked him. He immediately shut up and my ears finally greeted silence.

"I'm sorry, mistress" he whispered under his guilty voice. I shook my head and smiled at him, before entering the carriage. Before I could do that, however, the girl was already holding my skirt. I rouse my right eyebrow at her, to which she answered by looking at me with admiration.

"Thank you, miss !" She grinned and I felt myself smile too. And before long, I was already heading to the palace with a smile plastered on my face.