Chapter Four- Call Me Pupsicle and You're Dead!

"Is this a bad time?" The Alpha asked Leelee. I was laying on her bed waiting for her to continue picking the stones out. She had already picked out the stones from my legs. She shook her head and I almost attacked her. He stepped inside, closing the door.

He sat in the chair at the foot of the cot. Leelee began digging the stones out again. I winced as she wiped disinfectant on each cut after the stone was gone. The Alpha sat in silence. He finally spoke.

"So you're the famous Charcoal?" he stated rather than asking. I nodded. We were silent for a few more minutes until I yelled a very unladylike word at Leelee. It was the last rock from both my arms. "Do you want me to help?" the Alpha asked.

"Well this whiner can't handle pain so good luck!" Leelee yelled, not letting the Alpha see the wink she threw at me. I blushed. Leelee knew not to tell Cale or Rainer. I stuck my tongue out at her. She left me alone with the Alpha. He picked up the tweezers and moved on to picking the rocks from my stomach.

The first rock he went to take out I screamed. His eyes grew wide. "They're embedded deeper than I thought!"

I let a tear slide down my cheek. I hated crying; especially in front of Alphas. He looked up and wiped the tear away with his thumb.

"Hold my hand and squeeze when it hurts." He genuinely look concerned. I'm not sure whether to trust him or not. I placed my hand in his big calloused one. My hand looked tiny. I squeezed almost immediately.

"Please talk to me." I wheezed. He looked into my eyes and his normally hazel eyes flashed bronze. I cannot afford to fall for the strongest Alpha in North America and quite possibly the world.

"Have I ever told you my name?" Alpha yumminess asked me while concentrating on extracting a piece of gravel.

"No." I squeaked.

"Well then. Hi, I'm Alpha Calu." he said brightly glancing at my face. "And your name must be Charcoal. I'm guessing your wolf is black?" I giggled. Like no joke, as much pain as I was in, I could still giggle.

"Charcoal is my nickname due to my actual name AND the colour of my wolf. You were right, I'm a black wolf." I answered then gasped as I saw Alpha Calu pull a really long piece of rock out of my stomach.

"Really? You're pure black?" he seemed intrigued.

"No. I have a white mark that lays on my eye and swoops up to my ear like a feather." He raised his eyebrows and looked impressed. I purposely left out the cresent moon mark on my hip that stayed whether I was human or wolf.

"I thought only thirds and higher had marks of a different colour in their fur."

"Yeah, I'm just abnormal." I shrugged. Alpha Calu looked shocked that I openly called myself a freak.

"Well maybe you inherited a mark?" I wonder why he was concerned about me being normal. Everyone knew I'm not, Rainer made sure of that.

"Nope." I said. "I'm just a freak." Alpha Calu raised his eyebrow. I grunted then tilted my head to show submission.

"You seem to struggle so much with submitting. Why?"

"Heck if I know!" I said letting my attitude show. He laughed.

"You still haven't told me your name Pupsicle." I glared furiously at Alpha Calu. He looked up shocked that I was showing him anger.

"Alpha Calu, my name is Ashlyn Ember Hunt. I am of Omega status, unmated, and sister of my Alpha Cale and Beta Rainer." I took a deep breath finishing my official introduction that was required when meeting an Alpha. "And don't you dare call me Pupsicle!" I yelled.

"Just call me Calu." I smiled. "Were your parents obsessed with fire or something?"

"No according to my dad, my mom could tell that I am short-tempered, 'hard to tame', and apparently feisty." I rolled my eyes. Calu laughed.

"There all the stones are out and you can start the healing process." He washed my blood off his hands. I didn't want Calu to know that I was incapable of healing myself without an Alphas help. Ugh why am I so frigging complicated?

I wrapped myself in Leelee's robe then exited the room with Calu. I said goodbye.

"Ahh little sister!" I heard Cale's call soon after I left Calu. "You need to attend training today. The other Alpha is leading the lesson." Great. Just great. He'll see that I can't heal myself.

Well why not reopen my cuts with training?! I mean while I'm at it I may as well say that I'm in love with a wolf who never will and never could be my mate! *note sarcasm*

"I've tied your training package into your rope." Cale smiled. "Get changed then meet your training group in the gym."

Well it turns out Cale decided that I'll be wearing a tight red exercising tank top over my sports bra. Thankfully he chose a pair of black shorts that had spandex underneath and a baggy pair of shorts attached over top. I did notice that with every little movement I made, my shirt rose up exposing the band aids I had stuck over my cuts.

I saw a list that had pairs on it once I reached the gym. There was an odd number of people and I happened to be paired with the Alpha himself. I walked into the doors preparing to taste mat due to my unlikely pairing with an Alpha who wasn't my brother.