Thirty Three- The Mystery Illness

It was the same routine for the next week. I could tell Calu was worried. I knew I would be fine. It was foretold. (Insert self absorbed smirk)

"I think we should go to the doctor Ashlyn." Calu frowned, his forehead scrunching up into cute wrinkles.

"I'll be fine." I said for the millionth time since the first day I threw up.

"I'm getting mom at least." Calu said as he walked out of our bedroom. He wouldn't let me out of bed.

Five minutes later, I heard someone kissing loudly outside the door. I crawled down to the foot of the bed and peeked out the door. Rainer and Winnie we passionately kissing against Rainer's door. I gagged. Rainer was born in the eighteen hundreds, that's just weird when Winnie was born in the nineties.

I grabbed the air horn Calu had beside the bed so that someone would come when I needed something. I think he had forgotten about the pack link. I loosely taped the button with electrical tape once, then quickly taped the button while it was pressed down so it squealed. I hid it behind a vase and quickly shut the door.

I heard them scrambling to find the horn. I felt the pack running to see what I wanted, their powerful Luna. I knew everyone would see their tousled hair and swollen lips. I snickered as Calu and Trudy walked in the door laughing.

"You did that didn't you?" Trudy asked.

"Maybe..." I smiled. Trudy scrunched her eyebrows together suddenly when she looked at me.

I looked down at my outfit. I was in my favourite pajama shorts and a belly exposing t-shirt because it got hot sleeping next to Calu. My hair was in a ponytail. I had showered this morning.

Trudy turned to Calu. "Why did you ask I come here?" she asked.

"Ashes wasn't feeling well and you always knew what was wrong with us." He shrugged. She tilted her head to the side.

"Hmmmm." She tilted her head. "I'll need to see you later tonight Ashes. You might want to walk around while Calu lets you." She said slyly. She walked out.

I gave Calu a look. "Maybe mom fell of her rocker at a young age?" he laughed. I shook my head and decided to walk around the pack house to meet some people. I changed into presentable clothes. Calu looped his arm through mine.

I got many weird looks. Everybody stared at my stomach. I'm not fat but I'm not skinny. There was no need to stare.

"Have you gained weight?" Leelee asked bluntly. She was laying on the floor, two babies under each arm.

"Well you're rude." I snorted. Daniel, like Leelee, looked at my midsection. Calu looked down at my tummy for the first time that day.

Suddenly he grabbed me and picked me up. I know werewolves are strong but I'm heavy, how does he carry me? Calu ran me through the halls. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, screaming.

When Calu finally stopped running we were in the pack hospital. Calu was panting slightly.

When we walked in, Trudy greeted us. When she retired from Luna, she became the head pack healer.

"Finally figured it out?" Trudy asked nonchalantly. Calu nodded and I shook my head. Trudy handed me a small bag. "Open it when you want." She said and then shoved us out the door.

•••

It was now seven and Calu had a bitch of a headache. He laid in bed groaning. I was tucked under his arm.

"Butterfly, it hurts." Calu whined. He yelled once really loudly and make me jump. I had my eyes closed because of how loud his yell was. "Ashlyn." Calu said panicking. "Why can't I feel the bed?"

I looked up and he was pressed against the ceiling. "Talent!" I yelled happily. "You got your talent!" I levitated up to face him. He opened his eyes smiling.

"My headache is gone!" Calu said.

So it turns out that Calu's talents are levitating and invisibility. Two talents that will be useful in battle.

•••

We were just getting ready for bed when I realized I forgot about the bag from Trudy.

"Calu, where did you put the bag from your mom?" I asked.

"I think I shoved it in the closet." Calu said after a minute.

"Why?" I asked walking to the closet.

"I dunno." he shrugged. Men.

I grabbed the bag from the closet and sat on the bed. I opened it up and blushed immediately.

"What is it Butterfly?" Calu asked taking the bag. He dropped the bag in shock.

"Pregnancy tests." I said dryly.