Thirty Nine- The Fight

The Fae and Sirens fought viciously. They tore through their opponents. Multiple times I lit someone on fire, drowned them in a floating bubble or healed a member of our side.

Cale and Calu were still roughing it. Cale kept getting confused when Calu would disappear or float. I looked over to check on Calu. My body started running before I could comprehend what was happening. Calu laid on the ground scratching at Cale, who's jaws were wrapped around his neck.

I Shifted and tackled Cale, knocking him off of Calu. My belly was round in wolf form too. I was angry. My jaws locked around Cale's neck. I felt my teeth break the skin on Cale's neck. Blood rushed into my mouth, the bitter metallic taste spreading like wildfire.

I heard animalistic growls. They weren't from any werewolves in the battle. Cale went stiff and I slowly turned around. Vampires were slowly stalking onto the battlefield. Saliva was dripping from their yellowed fangs.

'Calu!' I yelled. His head whipped up then he vanished into thin air. I felt him nuzzle my neck. I stood up and watched as Cale's neck was snapped by nothing. Calu was invisible.

I saw the leader of the vampires and prowled over. My fur was flaming, reaching out to scorch and kill the near by vampires. The leader was searching for my invisible Mate. Haha sucker. Oh ha! I just made a pun, get it? She's a bloodsucker and I called her a sucker. I growled viciously and sauntered up to the vampire.

"Aw, you're having a baby." she cooed slyly. "I can't wait to kill you and your mate. I will slowly torture each of you for killing my father." I snarled and smoke danced out of my lips. That was new.

I took a step foreword and she took a step back from the flames. I flicked my head to the left and the trees went up in flames, killing multiple bloodsuckers. I flicked my head to the right and the trees ignited. I curled my lips into a cruel wolf smile. She threatened Calu, my baby and me, I am not letting her get away with this.

I tilted my head up and the trees in front and behind of us joined the massive bonfire surrounding us. The vampire's face was alight with fear. Her eyes were wide, her mouth parted, her pale, purple skin moistened with sweat.

I had now backed the leader into a corner. The heat was immense but I didn't feel it. I could see her face starting to melt and her hair curling like a leaf in a fire. Feebly she tried to claw at me but instead lit her hand on fire.

I scared her back directly into the fire with a bark. She screamed horribly, the air smelt grossly of burning fingernails and flesh. With a final pop like a popcorn kernel she died. The screams of the vampire flock filled the air. They were silenced by my pack. A sharp pain filled my abdomen and the work of my talent all flickered out.

'Calu! It's now!' I told him as I waddled to the safe house. 'The baby is coming.'