Chapter Eight- I Will Hit You

"Can we go now?" Calu asked for like the gazillionth time. He stomped his foot like a child. I growled and he did that weird noise that I don't know what to call. I think I might call it, um, brumble. Ya know? Because that's what it sounds like? Oh whatever.

"I need to find that pair of shoes. It matches this dress!" I had conjured up a flame and suspended it in midair in a water bubble so that I can see in the hole I call a closet. I was on my hands and knees in my coral bra and green panties with the door to my bed shut. I couldn't find the shoes or the dress I had in mind so I growled again.

My door swung open and I turned around really quickly only to see Calu blush a deep red while staring at the skin on my back. I choked on some spit. His eyebrows knit together when he saw the flame bubble. I shoved my foot into his face then shut the door. It felt like that encounter took hours but in reality it was only a few seconds.

I gave up and tugged on my flared yoga pants which hugged my thighs. Donning a white tank top and a sweater that was two sizes too big that I stole from Cale, I exited my bed. We left to announce Calu finding his Mate. I was to enter first.

I walked in and marched right up to Rainer. He glared at me and flared his nostrils. I let my wolf show through my eyes, just as he did the same. He growled and grabbed my head trying to tilt it. I growled an Alpha warning; something only Alphas did to warn of a soon-to-come punishment. He backed off, very confused and angry.

Calu entered through the doors and I felt my heart beat faster. I smelled a wood fire, cinnamon and s'mores. The smell of my Mate. I ran forgetting Rainer. I leapt into Calu's arms not wanting to be apart for another second. Calu stuck his head into the crook of my neck. Both packs gasped.

I kissed his cheek and he spun me around. It was only the two of us.

As Calu set me down I turned only to feel Marsena pull my hair. I growled a warning but before I knew it Marsena was on the ground because Leelee shoved her. Hard. Nobody messes with a pregnant she-wolf.

"Marsena. You are soooo lucky how deep I buried the Alpha wolf in me because you'd have had your neck snapped by now if I didn't." I had my shoulders back and Calu's arms around my waist. Marsena whimpered and I could imagine her tail between her legs.

"I have found my Mate!" Calu exclaimed. The Shield pack perked up. "Ashlyn Ember Hunt is your Alpha Female and my Mate!" I smiled up at Calu. His pack was way more supportive of me.

'Our pack Emmy.' Calu could now speak through our link.

'I'm not an Emmy.'

'Wanna be an Oscar?' I gave Calu a playful shove.

'You idiot. I love you.'

'I love you too Ashes.'

'I will hit you if you call me that!'