Chapter Twenty Eight- To Meet A Fae

I never lost consciousness once after I woke up. We reached our bedroom.

I feel my back tearing. My skin tore open. Bones rapidly grew out of my back, straight into the air. I felt my muscles form at the base of those bones. Wispy skin-like fabric draped off of the bones. I screamed in pain. This was worst than my first Shift.

"Ahhh!" I screamed. Calu rubbed my shoulder. "What's happening?"

"Wings." He said. "You have wings."

"What?" I whimpered.

"What is going on?" Gertrude said walking in. "It sounds like childbirth. Oh my Moon Goddess Ashlyn!" she yelled.

I felt her rush over to try and help, Ryder following. Calu growled a warning to stay away. They slowly backed out the door.

"The pain is fading." I said to Calu. He nodded. What did my wings look like, I wonder? I was really tired. I can't keep my eyes open. I tried to look at Calu.

"Go to sleep butterfly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calu pov

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As my Mate was screaming in pain, I watched unable to help.

Slowly huge gossamer wings unfolded out of her back. Gold and black coloured her wings. The wings were huge like a butterfly, but did not have the panelling like butterflies. They were slightly transparent but black. Gold swirled through the black, creating a regal look.

Ashes' wings were beautiful. Beautiful wings for a beautiful girl. Ashlyn was fighting off sleep.

"Go to sleep butterfly." I whispered. In her sleep the wings softly fluttered. They slowly pulled down, flush with her back. I covered her up and kissed her shoulder blade.

I laid down beside her and tried to take comfort in her presence. I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~

Ashlyn

~~~~~~~

I dreamt of wild flowers and butterflies. Well more specifically, I dreamt I was in a field of wild flowers surrounded by butterflies.

I saw a beautiful blonde woman a fair distance away. Her hair was curly just like mine, but mine was brown. She turned around and I recognized her.

"Mommy!" I yelled, running towards her arms. "I've missed you!" She opened her arms to catch me. I leaped and she twirled me around. We had the same eyes, nose and lips. Mom set me down and kissed my forehead.

"We don't have much time." my mom said urgently. I nodded. "You aren't as weak as you think you are. You have many talents. And Ashlyn, baby, stop calling them powers. You always have talent but power comes and goes.

"You have wings. Fly when needed or when you want. Calu can help. Awe baby, he's perfect for you hun. I love Rainer and Cale like my sons, but they aren't." She paused waiting for the news to sink in.

"What?" I'm confused.

"I'm not your father's Mate hunny. She died giving birth to their true daughter. I think you may know the daughter." I scrunched my eyebrows together. "Amberlee."

I gasped. "Leelee?" Mom nodded. "So, only dad knew?"

"And Amberlee. She stuck with you to help." I smiled. It was just like Leelee. "You are my daughter alone. You and only you."

"What about Dad?" I asked.

"Nope. My own mother blessed me with you. You should know of her." She smirked slyly. "The Moon Goddess." I gasped again.

"And you are,"

"The Faerie of The Moon." I felt my eyes go wide.

"But, how?" I asked.

"My Papa was a great Alpha wolf, but he wasn't a werewolf. Mamma is a Fae, but when she fell in love with Papa, a race of werewolves were born." I sighed at the romance and she laughed. Her face went somber.

"Papa was shot, one day. The final thing he heard was that Mamma loved him and was having a baby." A tear slipped down both of our cheeks. "The baby was me. I grew up running in the stars with Papa. He taught me to be fierce, never to back up and not to back down. Because I worked so hard, Mamma gave me you.

"One day, you and Calu will rule upon all packs as Alpha King and Queen. You both will live forever as physical wounds will heal. Your children will become stronger, faster Alphas and will rule the packs of the world. Calu will mimic two of your talents.

"Ashlyn, you're talents are equivalent to mine. You will be able to levitate and complete complicated spells and incantations. Remember you learn through fault. I and your Nani will always be there to help you. And remember, I would like to be a gramma soon." I blushed a deep red.

"Mommy-"

"Our time is almost up. Please let me finish." I nodded. "Cale and Rainer are jealous of your power. Your pack is on the brink of war with Cale's pack- the Rockie Pack- and the vampires. The Fae will ally with you, as will the sirens. You can win this three way war. Learn and grow. your Nani and I will aid you along the way."

"I love you Mommy." I whispered and kissed her cheek.

"I love you my little flame. Stay safe." She smiled. "Good morning sweetie."

**********************************

I rolled and squished my wings.

"Ow!" I yelled. Calu shot up. "I just squished my wings, don't worry."

"What'd you dream about?" Calu asked, a pillow line curving across his handsome face.

"Hahaha, uh, funny thing, something happened and it will seriously affect our lives." Calu's eyes went wide.