Thirty Four- Little Mama

Well, I'm a momma. Calu was over the moon, no pun intended. We have yet to tell the pack. We will have to soon because werewolf babies develop quickly.

I knew this baby was going to be big too. Like, I'm not small and Calu is huge so this makes me think that the baby was going to be big.

I had better go to the doctor soon. The first appointment is really soon, for werewolves.

So I lay in bed now, beside Calu, surrounded by pillows. Calu was going over the top with my safety now. Oh shoot! The war! How on earth am I suppose to fight while carrying a baby? I should maybe consult my Mom.

I slid my eyes shut and snuggled into Calu's embrace.

§§§§

"Mommy?" I called. I was standing in a dark cave. It had candles softly flickering creating a golden haze. I could see the stars through the ceiling. "Hello?"

"Ashlyn?" I heard a quaint voice ask.

"Nani?" I asked.

"Oh it is you!" Nani exclaimed. "I had been with your grandfather. Gloria! Ashlyn is here!" she yelled. My mom glided into the room. She smiled warmly. I hugged both of the outstanding women in front of me.

"So, I have news." I said licking my lips.

"What's wrong my petit feu?" My mom said. Apparently she spent fifty years in France so she often spoke French.

"Well, I'm going to have a baby." I rushed out in one breath. Have you ever seen two fae's jaws drop? It's kinda funny.

"Wha-What?" Nani asked. I gulped.

"The first of the Alphas are on the way." I smiled. My mom squealed and ran up and hugged me.

"That baby is going to be a big one!" mom exclaimed. "You already have the scent!"

"What scent? Do I smell?" I sniffed my armpit. I still smelt like strawberries and pomegranate.

"Honey, a female wolf carrying a baby has a different scent added to their normal one. Grapefruit." Nani explained. "It doesn't normally appear until one month. Wolves who've had children can easily smell it." I nodded.

"What should I do?" I asked holding my belly. "The war is coming." I said whimpering.

"All will be fine. The war starts in six months." Mommy explained. "Rest and then train." A wolf made out of constellations howled. Somehow I knew it congratulated me. I looked at my Nani.

"Your Grandfather." I smiled at Nani's answer. I was about to protest that the baby was due in six months when Nani spoke. "You need to go and sleep. I'll send peaceful dreams little mama." she tapped two fingers and them her palm on my forehead. I fell into a deep sleep.

§§§§

I woke up happy. Later, after my meeting with my family, I had dreamed about baking. Hey don't judge, I like to bake.

Calu was holding me tight to his chest. I tried to wiggle out of his grasp but he just held me tighter.

"Calu, I have to pee. Let me go." I whined. Calu stood up drowsily and picked me up.

He walked into the bathroom muttering, "You need to stay safe."

This is going to be a long six months.