Chapter 12

I run downstairs in my pajamas shorts and tank top when I hear someone knock on the door. I open the door to find Brandon standing there with a bag full of ice cream, oreos, and two cans of Pringle chips. I can't help but grin.

"I brought the party to you, hope you like chocolate ice cream because I loooooove it" he says dragging out the o.

"Yes I do, its actually my favorite. So you brought me food?" I smile at him, he grins even bigger.

"We are going to watch a movie and binge on ice cream, cookies, and chips, and gossip like a bunch of girls to get you out of this funk.." he says snapping his fingers like a drama queen.

"I totally need a girls night, are we also going to talk about the hottest guys too?" I look at him with a smirk, he scoffs.

"Unless my name is on that list I don't want to hear it." He says trying to do a hair flip and failing miserably. I just laugh and walk into the living room and sit on the couch across from our flat screen and turn on the tv.

Before I know it we have already downed a tub of ice cream, half the oreos and both cans of Pringle chips. I'm laying with my feet propped up on Brandon's lap. I can't help but think how amazing it would be if he is the way I think he is, but after what happened earlier with Marcus, I can't let anyone in. Brandon seems so sweet, and nice, and safe. But then the thought hits me.

He is in a gang.

That is treading on very dangerous territory, he has done things I don't want to think about, but I am not at all scared of him. It's the complete opposite actually, instead of running from him I want to run to him. But I can't let myself fall for him. I need to understand the pain I have been burying down deep inside before I can try to let myself heal. Marcus came in and knocked over my house of cards. He took away my dignity with one kiss, he brought the pain to a head.

"He came to my house.." Brandon snaps his head to look at me, I didn't realize I had said it out loud. I feel the tears start to fall again.

"Who came to your house Ashton?" He says wrapping his strong arms around me, pulling me into his lap.

"M-Marcus.. He t-thought he could get me back.. he stripped me of my dignity when he kissed me.. I didn't feel any pain from everything until now.. w-when h-he kissed me, he made me feel all the pain I thought I would never feel.." I cover my face, feeling my tears soak my palms. I can feel Brandon rubbing my hair. I lean into his chest and cling to his shirt. I still don't understand how he found me. My dad doesn't even know where we live.

"Ashton, it's ok, you will be ok, I'll make sure he doesn't come here again. Do you know how he could have found out where you live?" Brandon whispers while he continues to hold me in his lap.

"No.. my dad doesn't even know where I am..." I slowly start to get up, but Brandon gently tugs me back down.

"I won't let him get to you ok beautiful?" He leans his forehead against mine, I gently nod against him. He wraps his arms around me, and I don't fight it. Right now I feel like I can forget about Marcus showing up. I can forget about everything. I lean my head on his chest, causing him to shiver slightly.

"Do you want to watch a chick flick?" He whispers against my hair. I look up and smile at him.

"Can we watch the fault in our star?" I grin, he simply nods and pops it into the DVD player. He walks back over to the couch, pulling me back onto his lap. He has one hand wrapped around me waist, and the other laying on my bare thigh. His hands are big and smooth, but I can tell how strong they are.

We sit like that till the movie is over, I can feel him looking at me. When I turn my head, his lips crash against mine. Not in the same way Marcus had, Brandon is extremely gentle and pleasant. He has the right amount of urgency. He tangles his fingers in my hair, holding me in place. Before I know it I'm straddling him, and kissing him back with force. He moves his hands down to my hips, gripping them like his life depends on it. Before we can go any further his phone rings, he pulls back with a dazed look in his eyes.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom.." I say standing up and walking to the bathroom. I look in the bathroom mirror, my lips are swollen. I run my fingers across them, I can't help but smile. I didn't want that to end, but that's not going slow. I walk out of the bathroom, and before I get to the living room I hear Brandon talking on the phone.

"What are you talking about?!, No absolutely not. I don't care if she is our only way. Boss, why are you watching her anyway?." I can hear the anger in his voice. "She hasn't done anything! She is just a friend, she helps me catch up on my school work.. I don't like her like that.." I freeze at his words, what does he mean just a friend. I sure as hell don't go around kissing my friends like that. "I know I can get her to fall for me but that's not the point! Just stop, have Travis do it.. it's not my fault he can't get anyone to fall for him.." I can feel my face heating up.

I look up at Brandon as he walks through the door way. And I can't mask over the anger that shows clearly on my face. His eyes widen, but before he can say anything my anger takes over as I feel my knuckles connect with his face.