Love is more powerful than hate

We all woke up the next morning to my phone going off. Matt was half on half off of my bed and Colby's arms were wrapped tightly around me. I reacched over the now slightly awake Colby to grab my phone from the nightstand.

"Hello?" I answered the phone in a groggy tone.

"He's awke Josie get down here ASAP!" It was Devyn.

"Okay! We're on our way!" I said excitedly.

"Guys' wake up!" I yelled as I shook Colby and kicked Matt making him fall off the bed.

"What baby?" Colby said in a worried voice as he sat up and looked at me.

"OWE FUCK!" Matt yelled as he stood up from my floor.

"He's awake. Sam's awke." I said as I got up and ran to my dresser to grab clothes.

"Lets go!"Matt said as he ran out of my room.

"Let me change matty." I said as I tried to get dressed.
    Once I did we rushed to the hospital. Sam was now in a regular room even though he wasn't doing well.

"What room is Samuel Golbach in?" Colby asked the lady at the counter.

"216." She said a she opened the doors for us. We rushed into the elevator and to Sam's room. I looked over at Colby who was noticeable shaking.

"He's gonna be okay baby. I promise." I said as I hugged his arm.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." He said as he looked down at me.

"Colby he'll be fine." Matt said also trying to calm Colby down. "I hope." He muttered and I herd him, but luckily Colby didn't.
   We rushed over to Sam's room and went inside. He was sitting up and talking to Aaron, who was the only other one there beside us.

"Hey Sammy." Matt said as he went over and hugged him. The beeps and noises coming from the machines was making me in easy even though I had been in may hospitals before.

"How you feeling?" I asked as Matt moved away and Colby hugged him.

"Not great, but okay." He said still sounding groggy.

"Mr. Golbach. How are you today?" The nurse asked as he walked in.

"Fine." Sam said as he winced in pain as he tried to sit up. Matt stood my Sam's side with Sam's hand in his.

"Okay just checking on you. You know you can use that button if you need anything." Sam nodded and the nurse left closing the door behind him.

"So what exactly happened the nurse wouldn't tell me." Sam asked .

"You were shot by a guy on the street." Matt explained.

"Shot?!" Sam asked shocked. We all just nodded.
   We all sat down and just talked to Sam for a long time. We joked around and talked about how we tell the fans. So we decided to film a small vlog. So Colby took out his phone and gave it I sam. Sam explained what had happened and that he wouldn't have a video for a week or two then Colby uploaded to both of their twitters.

"I'm glad you're okay." Colby said as he hugged Sam again. Sam started to speak, but he was interrupted by the intercom.

"Attention everyone. We are now under a lock down. Please lock the doors to your rooms and don't open them under any circumstances. Do not go into the halls. If anything happens doctors and nurses will not be able to reach you so hold tight." The person said before it cut off.

"What?!" Sam said.

"Well shit." I said as I started to shake. This was scary.

"So I guess we just chill here." Matt said as he took his seat next to Sam. We all just stayed in the room and we tried to be somewhat quiet. 
  We all noticed that Sam started to not look very well. We would have called a nurse, but we couldn't it would give away our position and possibly get a nurse hurt or killed. We still didn't know exactly what was going on.

"Hey Sam you okay?" I asked as I walked up to him. He gave me a breathy hum. I grabbed his hand.

"Squeeze my hand as hard as you can." I told him. He tried, but was nearly able to squeeze my hand.

"He was able to that like normal earlier." Aaron said.

"Josie what's going on?" Matt asked a she came up behind me.

"He's getting weak." I said. " he could be okay tho this could just be the effects of the meds." I said as I let go of Sam and sat back down. "We just need to keep an eye on him.
  We could hear things slamming below us. We had now idea what was going on. We didn't hear any gunshots it could have just been a patient that went crazy.
We all sat and Sam was able to talk a little bit, but he was clearly growing weaker. Colby was shaking and tears were forming in his eyes.

"Baby. He's gonna be okay." I said as I grabbed Colby's and and kissed his knuckles.

"Josie what going on?!" Matt said as a long beep began and Sam's eyes closed.

"He's flat lining!" I said as I sprang up out of my seat.

"JOSIE DO SOMETHING YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS STUFF YOUR DADS A MEDIC!" Matt cried.
   I rushed over I Sam's side and laid the bed back flat. I listed to his lungs by putting my ear to his chest then felt his pulse in his neck. Nothing in either. I took a deep breath and prayed that I remembered to do chest compressions correctly.

"Come on Sam. Please." I said as I did CPR. All of a sudden I felt him take a breath and the heart rate monitor. Started back up.

"Colby look in that drawer and see if there is oxygen tubing." I said as I pointed to the organizer.

"The what?" Colby asked as he fiddled around in the drawer.

"The things that go in your nose for the oxygen." I said.

"This?" He asked as he pulled out the oxygen tubing in a small plastic bag.

"Yeah." I said as grabbed it from him and ripped the bag open and screwed the one end to the oxygen valve on the wall and turned it up about a quarter of the way.
  Sam was still passed out but breathing and he had a steady pulse.

"Oh my god Josie thank you!" Colby said as he hugged me. I was still shaking. What did I just do? I thought I myself.

"The lock down is over. Thank you for you caution." Some one said over the intercom.
  A doctor and a nurse came running in.

"He just flatlined what happened?" The doctor asked.

"Josie saved him." Matt said as he looked at me.

"There was no nurse in here I did what I knew how to do. CPR until his breath and pulse were back then gave him oxygen afterwards." I explained.

"You did everything right! How did it know what to do?" The doctor asked as the nurse checked Sam.

"My dad is a paramedic." I explained.

"Well you did exactly what you should have." The doctor explained. I just smiled.
  We all sat there for a while longer until Sam woke up then we talked to him. Matt and Colby kept bragging that I saved Sam's life. I don't feel like I did I just did what I should have. Seeing Colby and Matt that upset hurt me a lot and I hope I never have to see them that hurt again.